By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Alan Wake Vs. Heavy Rain

lol @CrazzyMan

Alan Wake is in a totally different league than Heavy Rain.

Alan Wake will be a "real" game, a true AAA title getting 93% on Gamerankings and selling 3 million copies minimum. Top notch graphics, gameplay, story, atmosphere.

Heavy Rain, although it's one of the most interesting PS3 titles, is said to be a "Quick Time game", sort of like the 90's adventure games where you haid a nice panorama screen with very limited freedom to move around and do a lot of stuff. The areas are small, that's why they have enuff memory available to great textures, but for example view distance is unheard of etc.

Heavy Rain is a cool experiment, but reviewers will most likely severely punish it for weak gameplay and give it low 80's on Gamerankings. Sales 1.2 million tops.

Around the Network

@Slimebeast, OMG, Both look great, stop being a fanboy

blazinhead89 said:
@Slimebeast, OMG, Both look great, stop being a fanboy

Yes, both look really great. Graphically maybe Heavy Rain even has the edge (what you pick from trailers at first glance, but looking closely everyone shuld realize Heavy Rain lacks view distance and other graphical aspects). But that is completely different than overall quality.

Heavy Rain will be a similar disappointment like so many PS3 games. Not Lair bad, but this game really is fooling people with those nice trailers right now.

Anyone wanna bet a 1 month ban against Alan Wake getting at least 10% higher score on Gamerankings and selling at least 2.5 times more than Heavy Rain? 

Hopefully the PC version of Alan Wake will be better than it's console counterpart. I have a nice gaming rig and I'm hoping to get a decent graphically intensive and impressive game.

Regardless, both heavy rain and Alan wake are shaping up nicely.

Heavy Rain seems to be approaching the 5 star David Lynch / Alfred Hitchcock level of things and I would suspect that there is much more to the game than QTE events while Alan Wake seems more approaching the more 3 1/2 - 4 star Jon Carpenter side of things and actually seems kind of like a homage to his film Out of the Mouth of Madness.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

Around the Network

Trailers wise, Alan Wake seems the most interesting!

BTFeather55 said:
Heavy Rain seems to be approaching the 5 star David Lynch / Alfred Hitchcock level of things and I would suspect that there is much more to the game than QTE events while Alan Wake seems more approaching the more 3 1/2 - 4 star Jon Carpenter side of things and actually seems kind of like a homage to his film Out of the Mouth of Madness.

I don't know about that. Games have barely passed the Michael Bay mark yet and you think this game can compete with a Hitchcockian masterpiece or David Lynch mindbender? That's quite a leap sir. I too think Heavy Rain could be one of the best videogame stories ever told, but that is merely not comparable with the top movie stories. At least that's my opinion.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Slimebeast said:

lol @CrazzyMan

Alan Wake is in a totally different league than Heavy Rain.

Alan Wake will be a "real" game, a true AAA title getting 93% on Gamerankings and selling 3 million copies minimum. Top notch graphics, gameplay, story, atmosphere.

Heavy Rain, although it's one of the most interesting PS3 titles, is said to be a "Quick Time game", sort of like the 90's adventure games where you haid a nice panorama screen with very limited freedom to move around and do a lot of stuff. The areas are small, that's why they have enuff memory available to great textures, but for example view distance is unheard of etc.

Heavy Rain is a cool experiment, but reviewers will most likely severely punish it for weak gameplay and give it low 80's on Gamerankings. Sales 1.2 million tops.

You can tell all of that from some screenshots of the PC build of Alan Wake?  You are good.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

heavy rain looks better but alan wake at least the PC version that iseen its awesome.

Heavy rain certainly looks better, but neither game has given much away in terms of gameplay

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot