By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What protential game can challenge Wii Resort as the top selling game of 09

What can you do in this new Sports title?

Around the Network
JaggedSac said:

The title will be the release of the Wii-motion plus attachment for the wiimote, Allowing for 1:1 motion capture and expanding on what the wii can already do. Like Wii-sports, the games are supposedly designed towards helping core and expanded audience gamers get the most out of the wiimotion plus attachment. So far 3 games have been confirmed.

Kendo Swordfighting
Frisbee
Jet Skiing

According to Nintendo, a total of 10 games is supposed to appear in the final product. Although the other 7 games have not been announced yet.

Why must JRPG female leads suck so bad?

NightstrikerX said:
JaggedSac said:

The title will be the release of the Wii-motion plus attachment for the wiimote, Allowing for 1:1 motion capture and expanding on what the wii can already do. Like Wii-sports, the games are supposedly designed towards helping core and expanded audience gamers get the most out of the wiimotion plus attachment. So far 3 games have been confirmed.

Kendo Swordfighting
Frisbee
Jet Skiing

According to Nintendo, a total of 10 games is supposed to appear in the final product. Although the other 7 games have not been announced yet.

True 1:1 sword fighting might actually make me change my mind about the Wii. It would be difficult to pull off.

Wii Fit & Wii Sports only sell so much cause the general public dont play to many games.

PREDICTIONS:
(Predicted on 5/31/11) END of 2011 Sales - Xbox 360 = 62M;  PS3 = 59M;  Wii = 97M

Zomb1337 said:

Wii Fit & Wii Sports only sell so much cause the general public dont play to many games.

Yeah but why then Wii sells more software then PS3 and the 360?

Around the Network

Wii Sports Resort has two things going for it. It is the follow up to Wii Sports 1 and it has a new gadget included in the form of the Wii-motion plus attachment. Just like the Wii Board for Wii fit and to a lesser extend the Steering Wheel included with Mario Kart, these things sell like hotcakes. I wouldn't be surprise if it sell over 20 million units in 2009.

Nintendo will still have more aces up in their sleeves in the next few years for the Wii in the form of a True Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Diddy kong Kart, A new Zelda with the use of the Motion Plus, Mario Kart 2, Wii Sports 3, A new Donkey Kong game, A sequel to Mario Galaxy, Wii Fit 2 , etc...etc.

Wii + Mario + included accessories = unstoppable.

RayRay102 said:
Wii Sports Resort has two things going for it. It is the follow up to Wii Sports 1 and it has a new gadget included in the form of the Wii-motion plus attachment. Just like the Wii Board for Wii fit and to a lesser extend the Steering Wheel included with Mario Kart, these things sell like hotcakes. I wouldn't be surprise if it sell over 20 million units in 2009.

Nintendo will still have more aces up in their sleeves in the next few years for the Wii in the form of a True Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Diddy kong Kart, A new Zelda with the use of the Motion Plus, Mario Kart 2, Wii Sports 3, A new Donkey Kong game, A sequel to Mario Galaxy, Wii Fit 2 , etc...etc.

Wii + Mario + included accessories = unstoppable.

I wouldn't hold your breath on a Mario Kart 2.

Lucas-Rio said:
Paul_Warren said:
Imthelegend said:
Paul_Warren said:
Imthelegend said:
Paul_Warren said:
Imthelegend said:
Paul_Warren said:
I don't know why a grade B at best game is destined to be the best selling game of '09 according to you people. It is like saying, "This game is second rate. Yay! It is going to sell more than any other game on the market." Why don't you people that are trying to ruin gaming go find an actual ping pong table if you want to play ping pong?

Have you even played Wii sports. And I mean played for more than an hour or two. Wii sports is my second most played game after MK Wii. The depth(which most say is lacking) is awesome. You have a liking of the Sony console which is fine but remember not everyone is like that. Most want games which are simple to use and has depth that you can only master after extensive playing.

Wii Sports' Game Rankings score is a 76, and Dave Halverson said it one of the top five most overrated games of this console generation. Wii Fit's Game Rankings score is an 80. Mario Kart Wii's Game Rankings score is an 82. If you look at Metacritic or Game Rankings, you will not find higher scores for these three games that I have mentioned than that. Yet, because the Wii appeals so much to nongamers that probably never even had an SNES or Sega Genesis and can't tell a mediocre game from a good game, these games have drastically overly inflated sales. They are games that should have sold no more than 2 million games that are getting higher sales than games like Metroid Prime 3, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Mario Galaxy, and in the case of Wii Sports -- one of the most average games of all time -- rivalling Super Mario Bros -- one of the greatest games of all time in units sold -- and this is bad for the games' industry.

You didn't answer my question. Have you actually played Wii sports for a good length of time.

I've played it for as long as I wanted to. There wasn't much of a story there. I couldn't get it to control very well while sitting in the floor like I could Ice Hockey on the NES, and I have much better things to do than spend my time on 76's. Besides, I'll take Dave Halverson's word on it. He's been doing a great job of judging games since the 16 bit era when he was publishing Game Fan and he says Wii Sports is mediocre.

Well you can have his opinion and I will have mine. Just a shame that you couldn't be bothered to stand up to play the game and ashame that you will miss out on one of the most influential games of all time. And that is how Wii Sports will be remembered 10 years from now.

No, it will be remembered as a mediocre game that was bundled with an average console that sold primarily to nongamers based on word of mouth. I was working at McDonald's a while back and there were employees saying, "We want a Wii. We want a Wii." Had these people ever beat Super Mario Brothers on the NES? No. Had they ever beaten one of the Final Fantasies on the SNES? No. Could they understand stories like those in GTA (without it turning them into criminals or giving some reason to not like the game because it's Unchristian), Metal Gear Solid, or Bioshock? Most likely not. Yet here they all were wanting Wiis based on nothing more than word of mouth and knowing that they were relatively inexpensive in comparison to the other consoles yet difficult to obtain thus heightening the demand for the Wii.

If all the third parties shift to developing clones of games like Wii Sports and Wii Fit simply because they sell well on the Wii, then it would be the end of gaming as an art form and eventually lead to another video game crash like the one in the early eighties. That is why I am opposed to it.

Please, don't act like a cry baby because Wii sport Resort will outsell all your favorite games. And don't begin the "casual non gamer " thing, because your exemples are horrible. GTA is probably one of the most casual and large public game. Nobody cares about his story or his missions. They just want to be free in the city and be able to shoot people and police men.

I care about his story and his missions.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

I think GT5 will only go to 6-7 mil in the end, maybe 10M if PS3 goes to 40Mil.

WSR on the other hand will most definitely pass 10M in less than a year.

all wii gamers will get it and most casuals will have it on top of their list...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Im gonna say nothing that i can think of at this moment but maybe just maybe....

"Like you know"