By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Other Console Game this Gen Will match Crysis Graphics(56k)!

yes very pretty, but my laptop sure can't run it, so i can't witness the glory :(

Around the Network
The Anarchyz said:
frybread said:

Funny how console kiddies always pick the most expensive parts.  Newsflash:  Your PS360 isn't that powerful.  This is all you need:

Processor Intel Pentium E5200 $75.99
Motherboard Asus P5QL-E $106.49
Memory 2GB Kingston DDR2-800 $28.99
Graphics Sapphire Radeon HD 4830 $109.99
Storage Western Digital Caviar SE16 640GB $69.99
Samsung SH-S223Q $27.99
Audio Integrated $0
Enclosure Antec NSK 4480B w/380W PSU $69.99

Total Buy this complete system at Newegg. $489.43

$90 extra for a PC (which you need anyway) that dominates a PS3's graphics?  GTA IV with a real view distance?  Silky smooth Bioshock?  Fallout 3 with no slowdown?  Crysis on high settings?  Yes, please.

Don't forget the Blu-Ray reader (PS3 doesn't write BRs so the comparison is with a BR reader)...

My gaming rig is one of the reasons i don't need a 360 (the other one is my friend's 360)... If the game comes out simultaneously on PC and consoles, i get it on PC almost everytime... I have to think about late releases like Devil May Cry, GTAIV and another ones...

BTW, my rig runs Crysis smoothly on high, but i hate that this game is so badly coded, so every time i get a chance to mock Crysis i'd do it, it's a really cool game and i can play it smoothly, but it's an insult to my career...

Blu Ray drives on PC are about $59 more than DVD-R drives.  So add $59 to the price if you're a blu-ray kinda guy. You really think it's coded poorly?  Have you peaked at the source, or do all the little glitches get to you?

And sorry to discuss prices, but whenever people bring up PC's, there's always some guy who is like, "GAMING PC's ARE $2000!!!!"  or  "YOU HAVE TO UPGRADE IT EVERY 2 MONTHS!"  and those myths drive me insane.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

Replayed Crysis and played Crysis Warhead for the first time over the past two days. What beautiful games. Definitely the best looking games I've ever played.

I went through both titles at 1680x1050 with everything set to high. Crysis is a couple of years old now at this point so I'm kinda surprised that nothing has come out yet that can even come close to matching it.

I just started Crysis: Warhead and I have to say, it runs better and prettier than the originial, but the old Crysis is just more fun.

Warhead is too story driven and linear for my taste. I liked the sandbox, go anywhere do anything feel of the first one.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

frybread said:
The Anarchyz said:
frybread said:

Funny how console kiddies always pick the most expensive parts.  Newsflash:  Your PS360 isn't that powerful.  This is all you need:

Processor Intel Pentium E5200 $75.99
Motherboard Asus P5QL-E $106.49
Memory 2GB Kingston DDR2-800 $28.99
Graphics Sapphire Radeon HD 4830 $109.99
Storage Western Digital Caviar SE16 640GB $69.99
Samsung SH-S223Q $27.99
Audio Integrated $0
Enclosure Antec NSK 4480B w/380W PSU $69.99

Total Buy this complete system at Newegg. $489.43

$90 extra for a PC (which you need anyway) that dominates a PS3's graphics?  GTA IV with a real view distance?  Silky smooth Bioshock?  Fallout 3 with no slowdown?  Crysis on high settings?  Yes, please.

Don't forget the Blu-Ray reader (PS3 doesn't write BRs so the comparison is with a BR reader)...

My gaming rig is one of the reasons i don't need a 360 (the other one is my friend's 360)... If the game comes out simultaneously on PC and consoles, i get it on PC almost everytime... I have to think about late releases like Devil May Cry, GTAIV and another ones...

BTW, my rig runs Crysis smoothly on high, but i hate that this game is so badly coded, so every time i get a chance to mock Crysis i'd do it, it's a really cool game and i can play it smoothly, but it's an insult to my career...

Blu Ray drives on PC are about $59 more than DVD-R drives.  So add $59 to the price if you're a blu-ray kinda guy. You really think it's coded poorly?  Have you peaked at the source, or do all the little glitches get to you?

And sorry to discuss prices, but whenever people bring up PC's, there's always some guy who is like, "GAMING PC's ARE $2000!!!!"  or  "YOU HAVE TO UPGRADE IT EVERY 2 MONTHS!"  and those myths drive me insane.

Well, in 1998, it was true.

Too bad it's not 1998 anymore, eh?

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
frybread said:
The Anarchyz said:

I put the BR reader on the equation because of the comparison to the PS3, if it was a 360 comparison then just the DVD drive was fine... The Crysis poor coding is because i've seen what the game can do, and i ran a little tests with another friends about resources consumption, and we found that a lot goes to places that 1. Have nothing to do with the graphics, 2. Can consume a lot less done efficiently...

rocketpig said:
frybread said:

Too bad it wasn't true back then either. :)

@The Anarchyz

How about keyboard and mouse for PS3 too? And of course much bigger HD. That would bring PS3 price up a bit because you can use only those smaller HDs. Anyway they are just about as useless for it as Blu Ray player is for PC. Also how about adding monitor and tv there too? You can get pretty good monitors for $99(€), which will bring you even better resolutions than HD is. You know how much HDTVs cost? :)

Deneidez said:
rocketpig said:
frybread said:

Too bad it wasn't true back then either. :)

@The Anarchyz

How about keyboard and mouse for PS3 too? And of course much bigger HD. That would bring PS3 price up a bit because you can use only those smaller HDs. Anyway they are just about as useless for it as Blu Ray player is for PC.

I was exaggerating but gaming PCs were considerably more expensive back then and yes, you did have to upgrade quite a bit more than you do now.

It's an entirely different story now with $500-600 rigs being readily available if you shop around but 10 years ago, it was about double that (anyone else remember the obscene RAM prices we used to pay?).

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....... LOLOLOLOLOLO........ BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHA

oh man... wait.....

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

OMG... oh man... holy..

bWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHA

Console games have better graphics than Cry........... BAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAH!!H!H!H!H!!!!

OMG, where do these ignorant fanboys flock from? I don't even play games on a PC and can tell you that crysis rapes anything that is out there in terms of everything: Scale, Graphics, Physics, Lighting, Shading, and even gameplay.

humpmasterflex said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....... LOLOLOLOLOLO........ BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHA

oh man... wait.....

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

OMG... oh man... holy..

bWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHA

Console games have better graphics than Cry........... BAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAH!!H!H!H!H!!!!

OMG, where do these ignorant fanboys flock from? I don't even play games on a PC and can tell you that crysis rapes anything that is out there in terms of everything: Scale, Graphics, Physics, Lighting, Shading, and even gameplay.