By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Other Console Game this Gen Will match Crysis Graphics(56k)!

olibou21 said:
I don't understand how you are supposed to have graphics on par with High level settings on Crysis with a GC ala 7800 GS / GT which is both RAM (256 Mo + 256 Mo with high latency) and bandwith (128 bits bus) limited ?

Do not say nonsense... I have a high-end geforce 7 with 512 MB RAM and it plays games at console level with 15-20 fps at the best (720p). My brother's PC with radeon 4850 runs far better than consoles graphics but of course it was a VC released like early 2008.

Around the Network

I think people are trivializing how good KZ 2 looks. Might only be 720p, but holy shit the animations look good, textures, and gameplay look great.

olibou21 said:
@Happy, FinalFan and others

I don't understand how you are supposed to have graphics on par with High level settings on Crysis with a GC ala 7800 GS / GT which is both RAM (256 Mo + 256 Mo with high latency) and bandwith (128 bits bus) limited ?

If you speak about art direction, i too expect wonders in the coming years from the HD console, but technically Crysis won't be acheived this gen ...

On a final note, are you sure you have looked at Crysis with decent set up ? (honest question)

Because several people compare Uncharted to Crysis in this very topic.

In all honesty, Uncharted look like a Wii game compared to Crysis on my setup ...

Put it this way:  What game(s) had absolutely the best graphics on the PC from 2001-2002? 

Were there any games on the PS2/GC/Xbox, EVER, that matched or overmatched those graphics? 

That's an equivalent comparison. 

No, I have a setup with a 7900GT factory overclocked, but I don't have Crysis.  I figured I didn't want to buy it, didn't want to bother pirating it, and didn't think it would run that well on my system anyway.  But I do pay attention, I've seen the videos and pictures, I'm not wearing fanboy blinkers, etc. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
olibou21 said:

If you speak about art direction, i too expect wonders in the coming years from the HD console, but technically Crysis won't be acheived this gen ...

On a final note, are you sure you have looked at Crysis with decent set up ? (honest question)

In all honesty, Uncharted look like a Wii game compared to Crysis on my setup ...

Put it this way:  What game(s) had absolutely the best graphics on the PC from 2001-2002? 

Were there any games on the PS2/GC/Xbox, EVER, that matched or overmatched those graphics? 

No, I have a setup with a 7900GT factory overclocked, but I don't have Crysis.  I figured I didn't want to buy it, didn't want to bother pirating it, and didn't think it would run that well on my system anyway.  But I do pay attention, I've seen the videos and pictures, I'm not wearing fanboy blinkers, etc. 

Half-Life 2 came out last gen and completely blew away the consoles, even when ported over to the consoles this gen the game doesn't look like anything even close to what it did on those awesome somputers back then.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:

Half-Life 2 came out last gen and completely blew away the consoles, even when ported over to the consoles this gen the game doesn't look like anything even close to what it did on those awesome somputers back then.

WTF man? I hope your talking about half-life 2 plus later texture mods, extra patchs etc.

Because otherwise your saying geforce 5 > geforce 7

Around the Network
haxxiy said:
vlad321 said:

WTF man? I hope your talking about half-life 2 plus later texture mods, extra patchs etc.

Because otherwise your saying geforce 5 > geforce 7

Given the low res and blurry textures that came in with the Orange Box for consoles, I'd say yes, HL2 still looks betterback then than it does even now on consoles.

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:
Final-Fan said:
olibou21 said:

That's not actually relevant to the question, though.  An inferior port of Half Life 2 doesn't prove anything about the consoles not being able to do good graphics.  Even if it proved that NO port of HL2 on consoles could equal the computer (which AFAIK is not proven) that still doesn't show that, say, a console-exclusive game couldn't be as good or better than HL2.* 

*Not referring to quality of the game, just in case some fanboy wants to start a war over "best FPS evar". 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Final-Fan said:
vlad321 said:
Final-Fan said:
olibou21 said:

That's not actually relevant to the question, though.  An inferior port of Half Life 2 doesn't prove anything about the consoles not being able to do good graphics.  Even if it proved that NO port of HL2 on consoles could equal the computer (which AFAIK is not proven) that still doesn't show that, say, a console-exclusive game couldn't be as good or better than HL2.* 

*Not referring to quality of the game, just in case some fanboy wants to start a war over "best FPS evar". 

I just gave you an example which fullffiled all your previous requirements lol. I actually knew exactly what you meant, was just testing the waters to fool anyone else that's not as sharp. Yeah, exclussives this gen do beat out graphics of last gen. I however still disagree with you prediction that we will see anything equal to Crysis this gen. My prediction is not until last.

vlad321 said:
Final-Fan said:
vlad321 said:
Final-Fan said:
olibou21 said:

I just gave you an example which fullffiled all your previous requirements lol. I actually knew exactly what you meant, was just testing the waters to fool anyone else that's not as sharp. Yeah, exclussives this gen do beat out graphics of last gen. I however still disagree with you prediction that we will see anything equal to Crysis this gen. My prediction is not until last.

Wikipedia says HL2 came out in 2004, not 2001-2.  My idea is talking more about comparing games from that period to games at the end of last gen, i.e. Resident Evil 4 (GC), Shadow of the Colossus, FFXII, Twilight Princess (GC), etc.  That would be a very close comparison to Crysis vs. games at the end of this gen, which you say will not appear to be equal or better from a technical standpoint. 

(Examples of PC games out in 2001-2 include the Diablo II Lord of Destruction expansion pack (2001) and Battlefield 1942 (2002).  I don't know what PC game from this period would be considered the pinnacle of technical achievement like Crysis, if there was one.) 

[edit:  In retrospect 2002 would be better than 2001 to match the timeline.] 

@vlad.. so your saying ur $8K rig produces better graphics than my $299 360.. thats A SURPRISE. I would think your purchase would be a waste if it didnt.

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business