By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Other Console Game this Gen Will match Crysis Graphics(56k)!

In the technical side? no.

Though in art, fragile has it beaten imo.

Though what i love about crysis is that not only does it kick the shit out of ps360 games, it also has better art than them. The game has a beautiful art direction.

Twilightman on Gametrailers

Around the Network
arsenicazure said:
@vlad.. so your saying ur $8K rig produces better graphics than my $299 360.. thats A SURPRISE. I would think your purchase would be a waste if it didnt.

I'm sorry your awesome HDTV which costs god knows how much makes games look so much better than my cheap small SDTV.... that's A SURPRISE!!!! I'd think your purchase would be a waste if it didn't.

Edit: Did the title say "best graphics for yout buck" or any of that sort? No, then price doesn't matter, therefore all the console gamers whining about price need to stop QQing and live with the fact Crysis GFX > Cosole GFX.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

actually you can get a quality HDTV for around under $500..still cheaper than the 8k :)

PC gamer that still uses SDTV.. tsk tsk

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

arsenicazure said:
actually you can get a quality HDTV for around under $500..still cheaper than the 8k :)

Yeah and you can make a PC for about as cheap that will run Crysis better than what it cost you to buy your HDTV and your console.

I don't watch TVs and I don't give a shit about graphics so why would I blow money on something so useless?

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:
arsenicazure said:

Yeah and you can make a PC for about as cheap that will run Crysis better than what it cost you to buy your HDTV and your console.

I don't watch TVs and I don't give a shit about graphics so why would I blow money on something so useless?

right..so your telling me your gonna make a PC with a monitor.. that can compete with my 32"HDTV which cost me 400 bucks and 299(700 bucks total) for the 360. I need to know what your smoking..

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Around the Network
vlad321 said:
arsenicazure said:

Yet another PC myth.

PS3 = 399 bucks

---

Intel DX58SO Motherboard = $240

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 = $150

Sapphire Radeon HD 4850 = $150

Corsair XMS2 Xtreme Performance 4GB PC2-6400 DDR2 DIMM = $50

Cooler Master HAF 932 Black Full Tower = $150

Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB Hard Drive = $100

Antec P/S 500W ATX12V 2.01 PS/2 SIZE DUAL 12V OUTPUTS = $50

Logitech Cordless Desktop EX 100 Keyboard Mouse Combo = $30

LG Electronics GGW-H20L Black Dual Layer BD-RE Writer/HD DVD-ROM = $230

= 1150 bucks

Whoa now I fully outperform a PS3 for just nearly thrice the price, awesome!

haxxiy said:
vlad321 said:
arsenicazure said:

Yet another PC myth.

PS3 = 399 bucks

---

Intel DX58SO Motherboard = $240

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 = $150

Sapphire Radeon HD 4850 = $150

Corsair XMS2 Xtreme Performance 4GB PC2-6400 DDR2 DIMM = $50

Cooler Master HAF 932 Black Full Tower = $150

Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB Hard Drive = $100

Antec P/S 500W ATX12V 2.01 PS/2 SIZE DUAL 12V OUTPUTS = $50

Logitech Cordless Desktop EX 100 Keyboard Mouse Combo = $30

LG Electronics GGW-H20L Black Dual Layer BD-RE Writer/HD DVD-ROM = $230

= 1150 bucks

Whoa now I fully outperform a PS3 for just nearly thrice the price, awesome!

He said "you can make a PC for about as cheap that will run Crysis better than what it cost you to buy your HDTV and your console." ...

Now, this may not be the fairest comparison because the PC is refurbished but for $850 (Canadian, about $700 US) you can get a 21 inch monitor and a PC that can play Crysis ( http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=BDL10003303&logon=&langid=EN )

Anyways, most PC gamers on a budget pick up their hardware when there is a deal (sale, rebate, refurbished) ... Over the past year I have watched one of my friends rebuild his entire system (Motherboard, CPU, Memory, Graphics Card and Case) for about $400 and he can play Crysis at a decent resolution, so the PS3's performance at the price is far from amazing.

If you're going to post crysis pics at least post good ones:

Link

Link2

Link3

Link4

Link5

How many console games can you do this in (ie face-to-wall and still see crisp textures)?

Its not just the overall scenic details in Crysis (which Consoles do decently well at), its the attention to detail as seen above and in the following:

Details1

Details2

Details3

Details4

I've played damn near every game mentioned in this thread the way it was meant to be played (ie maxed settings on large high quality HD displays with 5.1 sound) and while some of them rival crysis in a particular area none of them ever really hit that quality mark for any sustained period.

As was mentioned already, high resolution textures require lots of memory capacity and memory bandwidth and the consoles are sorely sorely lacking in this department.

To Each Man, Responsibility

This seems like a loss for the console side. It's no longer "MGS4 is just as good, Crysis isn't that great" but rather "well a PC set up is more expensive, so of course it looks better". Which I'm pretty sure was never even a question. That's essentially saying "yeah you're right".

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Final-Fan said:
olibou21 said:
@Happy, FinalFan and others

I don't understand how you are supposed to have graphics on par with High level settings on Crysis with a GC ala 7800 GS / GT which is both RAM (256 Mo + 256 Mo with high latency) and bandwith (128 bits bus) limited ?

If you speak about art direction, i too expect wonders in the coming years from the HD console, but technically Crysis won't be acheived this gen ...

On a final note, are you sure you have looked at Crysis with decent set up ? (honest question)

Because several people compare Uncharted to Crysis in this very topic.

In all honesty, Uncharted look like a Wii game compared to Crysis on my setup ...

Put it this way:  What game(s) had absolutely the best graphics on the PC from 2001-2002? 

Were there any games on the PS2/GC/Xbox, EVER, that matched or overmatched those graphics? 

That's an equivalent comparison. 

No, I have a setup with a 7900GT factory overclocked, but I don't have Crysis.  I figured I didn't want to buy it, didn't want to bother pirating it, and didn't think it would run that well on my system anyway.  But I do pay attention, I've seen the videos and pictures, I'm not wearing fanboy blinkers, etc. 

"That's an equivalent comparison.  "

Point acknowledged. I guess you have no technical skills about how a 3D scene is rendered with today's tools, haven't you ? (honest question). IMO, there is something wrong in your reasoning (ala comparison between 2002 PS sales to 2008 PS3 sales). But i cannot put words on it ..... ! ;///

Just a thing, Crysis as of today, can be played with max settings + max effects (1920*1080 + 4* AA + 8 AF) on NO single GC (even  a 280 GTX).

On 2001-2002, you could  find no game like Crysis, playable with full effects on no GC.

So, a more fairer comparison (IMO) would be Best Console game Xbox / GC / PS2 era to best PC game from 2004 (or 2005)...

"I've seen the videos and pictures"

As already mentionned, videos and screenshots don't give justice to this game. With your rig, you should give it a try (don't forget to use some tweaks and TODs).