By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - People are never going to see LBP as a success

Is because of bundles in Japan and Europe

Around the Network

@manuelf

Whats your excuse for it selling over 60k ? 20k more than last week in the U.S?

Because of bundles in the U.S that dont exist?

mM

I'm just going to say, I'm not the one who was running around screaming "LittleBigPlanet will be HUGE" every day for months on end, although I did buy into the hype.

It may have been successful, but with all the hype that Sony/MM/Fans generated, it deserves a little ridicule.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

leo-j said:
@manuelf

Holidays

leo-j said:
@manuelf

oh i don't know... how about chrtistmas

You wanna have your opinion, then you have to respect different opinions as well.

Around the Network

so christmas is an excuse for sales now....

"so why is a game selling better than what people said"
"CHRISTMAS!"

Wtf... seriously, It's not like christmas isnt well known. people knew it would sell then... no excuse

This thread WILL BE HUGE..... but in the wrong way

Maybe it was overhyped, but that time it's certainly a great game. One of the bests of the year. It's also a new IP and it's always good to see new ideas, specially if they're this good.

LBP GOTY (I also like you MGS, GTA and GOW).

Play my LittleBigPlanet level: Mystic Runner. Thanks!

Comrade Tovya said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Comrade Tovya said:
FishyJoe said:
If you are going to constantly call it huge, then it better damn well be one of the best selling games of the year. Whatever your actual intentions were, you contributed to the hype by using these phrases. You reap what you sow, now you must live with it. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

That's pretty much the way I feel about it.

If you hype a game as the messiah of the PS3, it better well deliver on its promise of redemption (which it hasn't).

I think the problem with the game, is that the marketing doesn't really explain what the game is... and really, when I would ask my clan-mates about the game, they couldn't describe it... they would say, "just buy it, and you'll see".

I think most gamers won't buy a game unless they actually understand what the game is.. and Sony has never really marketed the purpose behind the game very well.

QFT

What is "QFT"?

It means "quoted for truth."

EDIT: Holy crap, I didn't even realize there was a second page to this thread yet. I see someone already answered...

Too many horrible predictions about lbp made this situation. Some actually believed that it would outsell fable 2 , an established franchise , in  both opening week and lifetime , which is just stupid.

To the guy saying lbp is a better platformer than mario. LBP is far from the platforming quality of mario , if lbp was strictly a platformer it wouldnt even get an average 70 score on metacritic. LBP is a level creator and a physics playground which are the best and basically only features that matters.

Please dont make stupid claims like this , it not only gives this game a worser rep , it also makes people realize you know nothing about games.

Mario> LBP ANYDAY

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!