By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - People are never going to see LBP as a success

leo-j said:
jesus kung fu magic said:

Too many horrible predictions about lbp made this situation. Some actually believed that it would outsell fable 2 , an established franchise , in  both opening week and lifetime , which is just stupid.

To the guy saying lbp is a better platformer than mario. LBP is far from the platforming quality of mario , if lbp was strictly a platformer it wouldnt even get an average 70 score on metacritic. LBP is a level creator and a physics playground which are the best and basically only features that matters.

Please dont make stupid claims like this , it not only gives this game a worser rep , it also makes people realize you know nothing about games.

Mario> LBP ANYDAY

And your basing this off? Your ass?

Since not only dont you own a ps3, you are just spitting out bull $hit..

And you base the opposite in what? Playing Mario with your TWO imaginary Wiis?

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
MANUELF said:
leo-j said:
@manuelf

Whats your excuse for it selling over 60k ? 20k more than last week in the U.S?

Because of bundles in the U.S that dont exist?

Holidays.

lol.

So the game is only selling because of the holidays and bundles.

>_>

No one is actually buying the game, and current PS3 owners aren't buying the game either.  Every unit sold is a new unit bundled with a PS3, and every unit sold in America is sold to Christmas shoppers.

mmmkay.

Finally you understand it

Comrade Tovya said:
wfz said:
Comrade Tovya said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Comrade Tovya said:
FishyJoe said:
If you are going to constantly call it huge, then it better damn well be one of the best selling games of the year. Whatever your actual intentions were, you contributed to the hype by using these phrases. You reap what you sow, now you must live with it. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

That's pretty much the way I feel about it.

If you hype a game as the messiah of the PS3, it better well deliver on its promise of redemption (which it hasn't).

I think the problem with the game, is that the marketing doesn't really explain what the game is... and really, when I would ask my clan-mates about the game, they couldn't describe it... they would say, "just buy it, and you'll see".

I think most gamers won't buy a game unless they actually understand what the game is.. and Sony has never really marketed the purpose behind the game very well.

QFT

What is "QFT"?

It means "quoted for truth."

EDIT: Holy crap, I didn't even realize there was a second page to this thread yet. I see someone already answered...

Yeah, been a few responses since then.

Like I said, I thought it meant, "Quit eff'n talking" because he thought I was an idiot.  Glad to know it has a nicer meaning!

Imagine if he told you 'QFT' in real life. Then you start beating the crap out of him. After your done, he says 'All I said was Quoted for Truth'

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

I wouldn't be the one to say that the game is a failure, because it's had reputable sales numbers... but what the naysayers (myself included) are saying that the numbers are not as good as Sony anticipated.

Sony hyped the game as the second coming, and it just hasn't been.

Does it mean it's not a good game? No, of course not... it's just not the blockbuster, "gotta get a PS3 now" game that Sony had hoped for.

Although it is rather ironic that a company like Sony, who's target has been the "hardcore" gamer decided to use a "casual" style game to try and push their console over the top.

So in closing, not many people are saying that LBP is a failure, but it goes without saying that it's not the huge hit that Sony expected... and that's Sony's fault. They marketed the game in way that said, "hey, look at this cute game... what is it? Don't worry about it, just buy it and find out on your own".

I'm sorry, but that's no way to market a game that you've crowned as the PS3 messiah.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

pbroy said:
Comrade Tovya said:
wfz said:
Comrade Tovya said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Comrade Tovya said:
FishyJoe said:
If you are going to constantly call it huge, then it better damn well be one of the best selling games of the year. Whatever your actual intentions were, you contributed to the hype by using these phrases. You reap what you sow, now you must live with it. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

That's pretty much the way I feel about it.

If you hype a game as the messiah of the PS3, it better well deliver on its promise of redemption (which it hasn't).

I think the problem with the game, is that the marketing doesn't really explain what the game is... and really, when I would ask my clan-mates about the game, they couldn't describe it... they would say, "just buy it, and you'll see".

I think most gamers won't buy a game unless they actually understand what the game is.. and Sony has never really marketed the purpose behind the game very well.

QFT

What is "QFT"?

It means "quoted for truth."

EDIT: Holy crap, I didn't even realize there was a second page to this thread yet. I see someone already answered...

Yeah, been a few responses since then.

Like I said, I thought it meant, "Quit eff'n talking" because he thought I was an idiot.  Glad to know it has a nicer meaning!

Imagine if he told you 'QFT' in real life. Then you start beating the crap out of him. After your done, he says 'All I said was Quoted for Truth'

Sadly enough, you're probably right.  Poor guy would have went to the hospital, and while being rushed away on a gurney, yelling, "I just wanted to be friends!  I agree'd with you!"

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Around the Network
PSaiki said:
leo-j said:
jesus kung fu magic said:

Too many horrible predictions about lbp made this situation. Some actually believed that it would outsell fable 2 , an established franchise , in  both opening week and lifetime , which is just stupid.

To the guy saying lbp is a better platformer than mario. LBP is far from the platforming quality of mario , if lbp was strictly a platformer it wouldnt even get an average 70 score on metacritic. LBP is a level creator and a physics playground which are the best and basically only features that matters.

Please dont make stupid claims like this , it not only gives this game a worser rep , it also makes people realize you know nothing about games.

Mario> LBP ANYDAY

1. Mario is on every single Nintendo system including Virtual Boy so leo-j doesnt need a wii to play.

2. I dont see any opposition in leo-j's post. Just an inquisition

PSaiki said:
leo-j said:

what?

He is saying lbp is crap, and that its not even worth playing it as a platformer.

Which is utter bull $hit

I never said anything about mario o-O

mM
DMeisterJ said:

No matter how good the game does commercially (1.3 million sold in 8 weeks), or Critically (metacritic if 95) the game will never be seen as a success.  It's a shame too, since the game is so freaking awesome.  

This community would rather downplay the game's success, and call the game a failure because of the hype (not the game's fault), rather than look at it on it's own merits, a new IP, which sold really well on the PS3 and has that high of a metacritic average.  We'd rather look at this game as not a success, and continue playing Generic Shooter A, Madden 2020, and Traditional turned based JRPG 1,922,498, instead of praising a new IP for doing something different and what some would call innovative. 

So I am never going to defend the game again, and neither should you 

It's a success commercially, and critically, and that's all that matters.

sounds somthing like the wii's success dont you think?

hello how are you.

Paperdiego said:
DMeisterJ said:

No matter how good the game does commercially (1.3 million sold in 8 weeks), or Critically (metacritic if 95) the game will never be seen as a success.  It's a shame too, since the game is so freaking awesome.  

This community would rather downplay the game's success, and call the game a failure because of the hype (not the game's fault), rather than look at it on it's own merits, a new IP, which sold really well on the PS3 and has that high of a metacritic average.  We'd rather look at this game as not a success, and continue playing Generic Shooter A, Madden 2020, and Traditional turned based JRPG 1,922,498, instead of praising a new IP for doing something different and what some would call innovative. 

Yes the wii and its amazingly innovative library

mM
Paperdiego said:
DMeisterJ said:

No, people are accepting the Wii's success, as you look at sales, if you don't accept it, you're a tool.

But LBP is not getting that same kind of love.  And if Uncharted is any indication, people will never admit they were incorrect.  That's what's worrying.