By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - People are never going to see LBP as a success

Max King of the Wild said:
PSaiki said:
leo-j said:
jesus kung fu magic said:

Too many horrible predictions about lbp made this situation. Some actually believed that it would outsell fable 2 , an established franchise , in  both opening week and lifetime , which is just stupid.

To the guy saying lbp is a better platformer than mario. LBP is far from the platforming quality of mario , if lbp was strictly a platformer it wouldnt even get an average 70 score on metacritic. LBP is a level creator and a physics playground which are the best and basically only features that matters.

Please dont make stupid claims like this , it not only gives this game a worser rep , it also makes people realize you know nothing about games.

Mario> LBP ANYDAY

And your basing this off? Your ass?

Since not only dont you own a ps3, you are just spitting out bull $hit..

And you base the opposite in what? Playing Mario with your TWO imaginary Wiis?

1. Mario is on every single Nintendo system including Virtual Boy so leo-j doesnt need a wii to play.

2. I dont see any opposition in leo-j's post. Just an inquisition

Tsc, tsc, tsc............. Every Nintendo system having a Mario game is irrelevant. You are commenting on a inside joke, your answer is directed to another context.

Leo-j's point view, as his predictions are too biased.

He tried to convince people in this site that he bought a Wii.

He tried twice and twice he admited he was liyng.

I'm mocking te fact he lies and is biased. Did you get it?

There is even a joke about Wii being out of stock because Leo-j keeps buying them.

Around the Network

I couldn't have said it better Comrade. Sony sold that game like it would be a system seller. What PS3 needs is another MGS, because that is praiseworthy.

But is it the hardware seller like sony expected?

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/littlebigplanet-will-be-hardware-seller-claims-sony

It has good sales but imo it's not the hardware seller Sony hoped to be...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

It sold a million copies, that's success enough for me.

DMeisterJ said:

No, people are accepting the Wii's success, as you look at sales, if you don't accept it, you're a tool.

But LBP is not getting that same kind of love.  And if Uncharted is any indication, people will never admit they were incorrect.  That's what's worrying.

Seriously, you need to follow your own advice. Why the hell are you worried what other people think? You're too emotionally invested if this worries you.

You couldn't even lay off defending the game for an hour LOL. Take a step back, enjoy the game, and let the sales speak for themselves.

Around the Network
PSaiki said:
Max King of the Wild said:
PSaiki said:
leo-j said:
jesus kung fu magic said:

Too many horrible predictions about lbp made this situation. Some actually believed that it would outsell fable 2 , an established franchise , in  both opening week and lifetime , which is just stupid.

To the guy saying lbp is a better platformer than mario. LBP is far from the platforming quality of mario , if lbp was strictly a platformer it wouldnt even get an average 70 score on metacritic. LBP is a level creator and a physics playground which are the best and basically only features that matters.

Please dont make stupid claims like this , it not only gives this game a worser rep , it also makes people realize you know nothing about games.

Mario> LBP ANYDAY

And your basing this off? Your ass?

Since not only dont you own a ps3, you are just spitting out bull $hit..

And you base the opposite in what? Playing Mario with your TWO imaginary Wiis?

1. Mario is on every single Nintendo system including Virtual Boy so leo-j doesnt need a wii to play.

2. I dont see any opposition in leo-j's post. Just an inquisition

Tsc, tsc, tsc............. Every Nintendo system having a Mario game is irrelevant. You are commenting on a inside joke, your answer is directed to another context.

Leo-j's point view, as his predictions are too biased.

He tried to convince people in this site that he bought a Wii.

He tried twice and twice he admited he was liyng.

I'm mocking te fact he lies and is biased. Did you get it?

There is even a joke about Wii being out of stock because Leo-j keeps buying them.

What? How is it irrelevant? Leo-j could of play Mario on any of the other 10 nintendo systems. He doesn't need a Wii to play it. Yeah.... and your point of view, opinions, and perdictions (which I don't understand how thats an issue in this thread) aren't biased? Sounds to me like kung fu's opinions where biased too since he likes 360 more than ps3... of course opinions will favor the persons console of choice... if they thought the other games where better than they would like that system more... meaning they would be biased towards that system then.... wow... how you don't grasp that is beyond me. point is leo-j thinking lbp is better isnt biased.

I don't see how a thread saying he bought a wii (which led to a banning might I add so I knew what you were referring to) has anything to do with this

That joke sounds extreamly retarded...

i don't know why this happens

the game is selling very good, the sales are increasing fast, it has legs, good reviews and already a million seller!

it's not the type of game that will sell only at launch

also, you can't expect 5 million that easily with a userbase of 17 million, but with LBP it is possible and it can happen!

about Wii Music, think it will have very high sales, it will pass 5 million for sure and keep going.....

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

@OP - I think its moreso the huge numbers put up by other games this year, the pace was set too fast. GTA4, MGS4, Mario Kart, Wii Fit, SSBB, etc. When compared to a game that sells 3 mil or so, it doesn't seem like an impressive number, but it is excellent to sell over 1 mil.

I will admit, when I first heard of the game, I didn't think much of it, and expected 500k LTD. I later revised it to 1.5-2 mil before launch, which seems to be the ballpark of where its LTD will be.

DMeisterJ said:

No, people are accepting the Wii's success, as you look at sales, if you don't accept it, you're a tool.

But LBP is not getting that same kind of love.  And if Uncharted is any indication, people will never admit they were incorrect.  That's what's worrying.

Unfortunately you can blame the hardcore PS3 fanboys for that one. You certainly helped a lot in that department as well. The "LBP will be HUGE" joke was pretty funny for a while. Sadly, it got taken and twisted into a full blown fanboy meme for why the PS3 would start to dominate. This of course set the bar way way too high for what the game could deliver. I remember people trying to mock me for saying that a 2-3 million opening week was completely out of the question. The super hardcore fanboys always cause massive backlash for games sadly. Hopefully the fact that The Conduit will comfort you somewhat.

For wgar i is worth I am happy to see how successful the game is. It is hitting about what I figured the best case scenarion would be. I am ecstatic that this kind of quircky fun game is doing so well. This gives me great hope for the future games like Viewtiful Joe, Okami, Dokapon Kingdom, de Blob and other oddball titles that deserve far better sales than they ever get.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

The funny thing is you ps3 fanboys just keep making it worse. DmeisterJ and leo have already taken to screaming LEGS any chance they get. After less than 2 months of sales... at christmas. Gee I wonder why games are performing well around christmas. In America LBP was performing around the same as De blob and less than far cry 2 this week. 60k a week now is not a sign of legs. When we get post holiday season (around the end of january or so) we can say whether it has legs or not. In the america sales Leo-J even says ''Nice legs LBP'' Yet it had a far bigger opening and hasn't been out as long as far cry 2, yet sold worse. If LBP has nice legs what does FC2 have? Godly legs? Funny I certainly didn't peg FC2 as a game with great legs. I thought games like smash bros that after over 7months on sale were still in the top 50 have legs.

Also the only prediction I believe I ever made about LBP was that it would never reach over 5mill+ worldwide as a lot of people seemed to believe. Of course now it's bundled in some places, so who knows.

@cgi-quality. Amazon have been selling it for around half price for quite a while. I doubt it's a temporary or holiday deal as it launched at £40. Then it dropped to £24, then to £22 and is now selling for £18. A holiday deal I imagine it would just have dropped to £20 and stayed there.

LBP is not HUGE, it's doing very well but it isn't living up to expectations and it isn't the new big series as people were saying it would be.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.