By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Xbox 360 will not fall below 200k any time 2009...

Unless they are introducing a change in their SKUs and have to transition from one version to another. 

My basic premise is this: Since the Xbox 360 sales are looking like they will be 50-60% up on the previous years totals in the H.Y.P.E thread, I think the next years sales will see an even greater increase. The lowest weekly numbers last year were 113k, but since I feel there will be a wider demographic buying the console and I don't expect supply to be limited the sales should be consistant throughout the year. This is just a test of my theory that doing well in the holiday season nets the console an ever bigger increase in the next year.

I will introduce this to my signature after the current prediction ends.

Tease.

Around the Network

unless you are willing to back it up with voluntary 1 months ban... it's as meaningless as any other idiot who care to come up with a prediction here.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Oh, I can't wait to see the takers on this bet.

kingofwale said:
unless you are willing to back it up with voluntary 1 months ban... it's as meaningless as any other idiot who care to come up with a prediction here.

??? Its as serious as my previous prediction still in my signature. Whats the point in raising the stakes that high?

Edit: I would only do it if others would take on the bet against me and ban bets aren't allowed.

Tease.

i will bet you $200!

Around the Network

If anyone wants to bet me:

1. If im right you have to give your signature to be used as Makingmusic or Sorikus personal advertising space for 1 month.

2. If im wrong I will give my signature over to the third party of your choosing, but not a winner of the bet.

Tease.

Larger demographic but less overall wealth. I think with the big post Christmas retail layoffs coming in January through March (all those people retail didn't let go in Sept-Nov. because they needed a larger workforce for the holidays) will hit US sales especially hard for a couple months, this of course will be the hardest on the 360 due to it's reliance on US sales.

Still it's a good prediction and by April we'll see if it looks likely to hold up for the year.

Unless the economy starts picking up steam, I think the whole industry will slow down compared to 2008.

Hey Squilliam - I will take you on a $200 bet.

If you are right then the 360 will be selling over 9M by EO october, which will mean a over 14M for the year. As much as I would love this to be true, I think this is a bit too much.

How do you go about to register the bet?

Prediction made on 11/1/2008:

Q4 2008: 27M xbox LTD, 20M PS3 LTD . 2009 sales: 11M xbox,  9M PS3

amirnetz said:
Hey Squilliam - I will take you on a $200 bet.

If you are right then the 360 will be selling over 9M by EO october, which will mean a over 14M for the year. As much as I would love this to be true, I think this is a bit too much.

How do you go about to register the bet?

Vgchartz dollars? If it was real money I would have to peg the odds at somewhere between 10-15:1 since im betting against the recession and precedent. Im sure someones just waiting to tell me that no 2nd place console has peaked in its 4th year or something like that. Btw I did predict that the Xbox 360 would see 14,000,000 in the official thread actually, didn't realize that it would fit so well with this prediction.

Tease.