This is different from the stickied thread in that these are not just console numbers (although feel free to include those) but any sales/gaming related predictions at all, similar to this thread from last year.
1) PS3- 32 million Plausible, but optomisic.
2) X360- 38 million I notice your combined HD sales JUST pass Wii sales. Coincidence?
3) Wii- 69 million God I hope not, but probably.
4) PS3 will outsell the Wii on GT5 launch week I doubt it. I do believe the PS3 will peform very well relative to the other consoles in the month leading up to and the month after GT5's launch as we have seen with past games, assuming the title makes it to 2009.
5) God of War III will make it out in 2009 Quite probable.
6) PS3 will get a price cut in Q1 or Q2 I think it would be best for Sony to wait till Q3 and put some money in the bank, though for my own personal purchase reasons I hope for a March cut.
7) Final Fantasy XIII, if it makes it out, will sell better on PS3 than X360. Are you including Japan? If you are, this is fairly obvious. If not, the Xbox 360 has a good chance of beating the PS3's FFXIII sales in the West.
8) BioShock 2 will sell better on X360 (no brainer) I don't think Bioshock 2 will hit the PS3 this year.
9) Killzone 2 will have sold well over 3 million units by the end of the year Possible. It may go the Resistance 2 route.
10) Heavy Rain will not sell very well, 1.5 million by year end if it's lucky. 1.5 million would be great for this game. I hope it does more though.
11) MGS4 will not come to the Xbox 360, and will not be announced for the Xbox 360 True, there would be little point now. It's ability to sell systems has come and gone and a port wouldn't net many sales.
12) Trico will be named and scheduled for release sometime in 2009 Hope so.
13) Mass Effect 2 will be on PS3 Certainly not in 2009, if ever. But this is easily my most anticipated title after Versus.
14) An MGS4 "Substance" game will be released, exclusively for the PS3 Possible, maybe a bit soon.
I'll think of more later. What are your predictions? We can look at this thread at the end of 2009 and see how ridiculously wrong we all were!
FIRST POST IN A MONTH!!!!
starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS