By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predictions for 2009

@BHR-3: So you predict that Wii sales will slow down, even when there are still massive shortages, and that PS3 sales will go drastically up?

Why do people have this weird wishes and irrational hopes? Please try to be objective, it makes my blood boil to see such reckless and blind predictions. As for PS3 outselling the Wii for 10 weeks in Japan, sigh.

Around the Network

1. HW for PS3: 42-45 mln., X360: 35-38 mln., Wii: 65-70 mln., PSP: 65-70 mln., DS: 125-127 mln. =)
2. Pricecut will be only in Autumn OR slim version release with new price.
3. PS3 will be ahead of x360 atleast by 7 mln. by the end of 2009.
4. FFXIII will sell over 1.5-2 mln. on first week in Japan and reach 3 mln. by the end of 2009.
5. GT5 will sell over 5 mln. (IF released WW) by the end of 2009.
6. MGS4 will reach 4.5-5 mln. by the end of 2009.
7. LBP will reach over 5 mln. by the end of 2009.
8. KZ2 will sell atleast 1-2 mln. first month and reach over 5 mln. by the end of the year.
9. PSP will reach 65-70 mln. (probably will have a pricecut) by the end of 2009.
10. More(A LOT, mostly Japan) 3rd party PS3 exclusives will be annnounced.
11. Uncharted 2 will reach over 2.5-3 mln. by the end of 2009.
12. Heavy Rain to sell over 1 mln. by the end of 2009.
13. FFXIII to be released in NA by the end of 2009. Sell atleast 2 times more on PS3, then on x360 in NA.
14. RE5 sells better on PS3 by the end of 2009.
15. WKC to reach around 2 mln. by the end of 2009.
16. Infamous to reach atleast 2-2.5 mln. by the end of 2009.
17. Quantum theory - atleast 1 mln. by the end of 2009, DS - 500k.
18. KH3 announced for PS360(or atleast for PS3) on TGS09.
19. Kojima to announce new PS3 exclusive on TGS09.
20. Ico 3 and God of War 3 to be released by the end of 2009 or early 2010. 1 and 2 mln. in first 10 weeks.
21. SO4 and ToV to be announced for PS3.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

@CrazzyMan: LOL!!!

That should be a bannable offense xD

CrazzyMan said:

1. PS3 will reach 42-45 mln. by the end of 2009.
2. Pricecut will be only in Autumn OR slim version release with new price.
3. PS3 will be ahead of x360 atleast by 7 mln. by the end of 2009.
4. FFXIII will sell 1.5-2 mln. on first week in Japan and reach 3 mln. by the end of 2009.
5. GT5 will sell over 5 mln. (IF released WW) by the end of 2009.
6. MGS4 will reach 4.5-5 mln. by the end of 2009.
7. LBP will reach 5 mln. by the end of 2009.
8. KZ2 will sell 1-2 mln. first month and reach 5 mln. by the end of the year.
9. PSP will reach 65-70 mln. (probably will have a pricecut) by the end of 2009.
10. More(A LOT, mostly Japan) 3rd party PS3 exclusives will be annnounced.
11. Uncharted 2 will reach 2.5-3 mln. by the end of 2009.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=12577&page=30

zleep said:
@BHR-3: So you predict that Wii sales will slow down, even when there are still massive shortages, and that PS3 sales will go drastically up?

Why do people have this weird wishes and irrational hopes? Please try to be objective, it makes my blood boil to see such reckless and blind predictions. As for PS3 outselling the Wii for 10 weeks in Japan, sigh.

when u reach a low point in something the only were to go from there is up same goes for the wii it's riding the wave and we all now waves go up and then they come back down

Play Me

Around the Network
zleep said:

This stuff has been happening every year. Wii sales are about to fall off a cliff, PS3 sales are about to skyrocket.

We will have a much better idea of what Nintendo and Sony will do over the next year when they make their projections. Sony always projects too high, Nintendo always projects to conservatively. These are facts we know based on the last two years.

My guess is that Nintendo will project about 29 million and Sony will project about 11 million.  Nintendo will, of course, exceed 29 million for the fiscal year and Sony will, of course, not reach 11 million for the next fiscal year.

@BHR: That's why the GC made a huge comeback after reaching a low right?

And who said the Wii has peaked, you are just too blind. Wii is still selling out and by next year production will be at a steady 2.4/million, compared to this years 1.8 million for more than half of the year. You clearly have no clue of what you are talking, I won't waste my time with a fanboy.

kirby007 said:
leo-j said:
PS3 will make the biggest comeback in gaming history, if its price is cut by $100

quote me on it.

I don't think they can beat what the xbox 360 showed us this year

PsP did a far bigger comeback (Japan) than the X360 did...

I don't think the Ps3 will make a huge comeback though, but as there aren't really that many in this industry (unless you count Wii...), then it has a chance.

And Zleep...

"Instead of calling it predictions for 09, this thread should have been called wishes for 09. Moat of what it has been written here has 0.001% chance of happening. It's better to wait and see, predicting without having a proper idea of what you are saying is like playing the lottery and expecting to win."

Well, it's fun - isn't that what matters? I enjoy doing this, and I'll be happy as a Magicarp if my predictions come true. I have some reasoning, and if that works - hooray! If it doesn't... Well too bad. I think most of my predictions have a decent chance of comming true, and even if they don't, it will be interesting to mess up like hell and learn from it.

I mean, that's what life's all about, right? Learning and having fun. Well, here you get them both at once! Cheers.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Final Fantasy VII Sequel to Dirge of Cerberus will be annouced as a PS3 exclusive in Q2 of 2008 and will be an ARPG with online mode.

zleep said:
@BHR: That's why the GC made a huge comeback after reaching a low right?

And who said the Wii has peaked, you are just too blind. Wii is still selling out and by next year production will be at a steady 2.4/million, compared to this years 1.8 million for more than half of the year. You clearly have no clue of what you are talking, I won't waste my time with a fanboy.

Yes it did nintendo made GC and came back with the Wii

Were are ur predictions u should make 1 bout the Wii

Play Me