By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Mario Galaxy Scans from Famitsu! I said WOW!

Constantly talking about said trolling isn't helping move the discussion along, let's just move on people.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Ontopic: I love 'em the screens look great.

Offtopic: The Flamers and Trolls talking about ratchet, and Kber81 was the winner of my contest (shame Kber!!!!!!!). Just made me see the error of my ways. I have owned all three systems (broken 360 traded in before warranty extension) and I realize that I spent $1200 just on hardware, and all I needed was a Wii. I have bought and traded in 8 PS3 games, that just weren't worth $60 on a $500-600 console. They're not worth it.

HD Gaming isn't worth it, the games and systems are over priced when you compare value to price, not manufacturer cost (losing $150 per console just proves that Sony and MS are STUPID). I ripped myself off by buying a PS3. I gave my money to Sony for a BR Player, that I didn't really want. Would the feelings that I got from MGS1 or FFVII be worth that amount of money? No.

Kber you know my situation, it's not that I'm cheap. I appreciate value. I should have known better than to buy both of those rip off consoles. Ratchet is not worth $560, Haze - nope, UT3 - nadda, Heavenly Sword - Ditto. No wonder I can't enjoy any PS3 games, I feel like I was mugged.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Wow... I'm more excited about this game every time I see more of it. The early trailers blew me away, but these pics go even further. There's so much going on in each shot... and it looks so unique, yet still has that Mario feel. It's pretty gorgeous too.

It's adorable that Sony fans run in to try to crap on Mario with a "comparable" title offered by the PS3. Bottom line: Galaxy is looking very very good. You usually expect the new Mario game to be impressive, but the sneak peeks we're getting are going beyond what I was anticipating. This'll be interesting...

"Whenever you find a man who says he doesn't believe in a real Right and Wrong, you will find the same man going back on this a moment later."   -C.S. Lewis

"We all make choices... but in the end, our choices... make us."   -Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Prediction: Wii passes 360 in US between July - September 2008. (Wii supply will be the issue to watch, and barring any freak incidents between now and then as well.) - 6/5/08; Wow, came true even earlier. Wii is a monster.

K, you guys too...

There was hardly any trolling...it was definitely uncalled for, but let's stop bashing Sony fans as well...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

omoneru said:
Here's a translation of some of its highlights. Forgive me for grammatical mistakes etc. I did it very quickly. I couldn't get the fourth page. 404 not found. So this is page 1-3.

*yada yada*

Can I post this on digg? Looks like this is making it to the front page, and I figured I'd try to be helpful.

Around the Network

I don't have a problem with it I guess...it's better than the "Sony buying Rockstar" Digg article...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

Oh, I meant his translation. Should've made that a bit more clear I suppose.

This game just keeps looking better and better. It's been a loooong time since anything topped SM64, it looks like this probably will. The gameplay is completely revolutionary, and the art style just blows me away.

Ah, I used firefox instead of IE and finally got the 4th page. I'm translating it now...

No, it's not going to stop  'Til you wise up
No, it's not going to stop  So just ... give up
- Aimee Mann

- Soon, we'll be releasing games for gamers such as Metroid and Mario. We need to make these titles very satisfying to them. In this sense, we are working hard to make it even better than NSMB.
- Miyamoto: I've always said this but I've always wanted to make a Mario game that you can even have fun just by casually touching it (ie. trying it out casually and/or just hanging around in the game). Conventionally, game's been all about how to overcome in-game challenges (to conquer a game), and the business of game magazine has been built around that. But it's very important to make 1-1 (the very first section of the game) quite entertaining. If there are people who are afraid of going any further than that, that's fine as well. We're trying to make a game that is open to various audience groups.
- In Sunshine, you had to control camera, but this title, you don't have to worry about it that much. You can play from start to finish just without manipulating camera. Miyamoto calls it "a game with spherical geography and easy camera."
- When we created SM64, we focused on the new fact that you needed a camera in 3D settings, but now we know all about it, so everybody says to make an intelligent automatic camera. It's easier said than done because every player has different camera taste. Our conclusion was this was impossible (laughter). Thus, in Sunshine, we let users handle it by themselves. But it was a bit overkill. and we thought that we needed to devise a system where users don't have to worry much about camera. In SMG, with spherical geography, you don't necessarily have to manipulate camera to see the opposite side (due to its geographical property). It's getting closer to our ideal.
- SM64 was a turning point because it divided the user base, those who can play 3D and those who can't play 3D. But with the new degree of freedom in SMG that goes beyond simple platform, even those who can't really play 3D can enjoy SMG. This has been one of our tasks. This is also a reason why we made a 2D game, NSMB.
- Shimizu believes game is a tool for people to get together just like mahjang or card. I hope SMG (and game in general) will be the center of communication tools that connect everyone to have fun.
- Since it's called galaxy, we are trying to make it deep enough. It is for those who want big adventure, and at the same time it's for those who like to lie around (on a couch) and just play casually and relax. It's got various approaches to have fun.
- Miyamoto: I hope this title will make it to the Famitsu's Top 10 Most Wanted Games List. You can play it thoroughly and deeply, and once you're done, you'll still want to go back. Please look forward to this game.

No, it's not going to stop  'Til you wise up
No, it's not going to stop  So just ... give up
- Aimee Mann