By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Mario Galaxy Scans from Famitsu! I said WOW!

Just read through the translation, just wanted to say thanks! Your efforts are greatly appreciated!

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

Arghhh it's great

I wonder how big the galaxy will be...

True fighters don't wear socks.

Sqrl said:
Just read through the translation, just wanted to say thanks! Your efforts are greatly appreciated!

I appreciate your kind words.

I was just about to wonder why I bothered to translate the interview in the first place when nobody even said a single "thanks" as they were too busy fighting over which game was better. 

Well, so much for game forums, I guess.

No, it's not going to stop  'Til you wise up
No, it's not going to stop  So just ... give up
- Aimee Mann

*~Onna76~* said:
Is it really necessary to create a flaming war in this topic and then I look at kber81 which I'm truly grateful, for f**king up this thread which started out so nicely. For peace sake get a rest you all!!

We get the same thing by Wii fans (and occasionally PS3 fans) in the Microsoft forum, but strangely enough it's usually Wii fans.  Hopefully everyone starts respecting each forum.

leo-j said:
dtewi said:
leo-j, we're not saying Galaxy is better GRAPHICS-wise, we're saying its better FUN-wise

How do you know if you havent played it!? lol there both going to be great games, similar, and fun.

It's called going by the franchise.  It can give you a good idea if both games are from a franchise.  Super Mario Sunshine ranks better then all the Ratchet and Clank games on metacritics.  When it comes to Ratchet and Clank games on the console.  In 2004  Up your Arsenal got a 91.  The 2005 offering got an 81.  Big drop off.  Size matters got an 85 however was for a handheld. 

Mario 64 got a 94 on meta critics.  The "much" worse Mario Sunshine got a 92.  This game looks like a bigger and better Mario 64. 

It's deductive reasoning based on past data.  You don't know for sure, but atleast you have data backing it up.

Around the Network

ok definate buy, better come out for christmas here in UK.

generally i have never liked platformers, i tried a couple of jak games and a ratchet n clank, which were ok, but not my thing, similar responce to what i believe was super mario world [played on it for an hour or so at my cousins house] and also had a go on that purple dragon one [name?], which put me off totally. though now i am more into gaming i realise spyro [remembered it] isnt exactly highly rated.

however i had a growing interest in galaxy and commented on an earlier galaxy thread here, where i was reccomended super mario 64 on VC which i bought, and it is amazing, i do have a problem with the camera sometimes [wish i had more control] and getting out of water took me ages to get used to properly, so it wasnt perfect but still amazing. mario really is in a league of its own,
is banjo-kazooie/tooie a platformer, because those are brilliant too. probably worth the same league as mario, though definately not top of the league.

also i noticed some gravity effects in SM64, like in the final bowser world, and they are some of the best bits, so high hopes for galaxy.

BenKenobi88 said:
leo-j said:
wasnt kber a nintendo fanboy before he bought a ps3 O_o

ckmlb is a sony "supporter" and he has a wii

Something tells me the ps3 is MORE fun than the wii. Sorry i had to say it,

On topic: Mario galaxy loos amazing the water looks very realisitc(not uncharted realitic) and the game looks like it might be better than mario 64, mario sunshine was a very good game why dont you people like it?

leo-j apparently lets his troll side show too much lately...

"Something tells me the ps3 is MORE fun than the wii. Sorry i had to say it,"

Uh...no, you didn't have to say it, and it just makes everyone ignore what you say if you continually shut down an entire console's fanbase by saying it's not fun... 

When did I ever say the wii isnt fun? And sorry for posting like that it just happened, so peace..

mM

@legend,
i agree, i personally am a nintendo fan [only owned sega and nintendo consoles] but in terms of 'fanboyism' [read; immature version of fan] on forums i see, it seems about 80% to be sony nintendo attacks. with 15% nintendo m'soft and 5 between ms and sony... this is probably partly because i dont look at much x-box or ps news/threads but i still feel its much more sony/nintendo flamers

i suppose a big reason currently is the turnaround in marketshare for those companies which has been an irritant to sony fans and bait for nintendo... i do recall seeing more microsoft vs other two before last November, so sales is probably the main catalyst [before nov ms fans were saying their lead is insurmountable sony fans were probably thinking ps3 would be ahead of 360 well before now, and ms/sony were both laughing at the "gimmicky" wii remote.

if only fewer gamers were 12-16.

@omoneru

thanks again for the awesome translation. there were definitely some interesting tidbits that were worth reading in there.

As for the screens, one of them in the first scan looks like Mario is on a wooden ship. Maybe I am blind, but that's what it looks like and it made me think exactly about world 8 with the floating ship levels in Mario 3. It would be so awesome if they brought back elements like that. I also like how someone mentioned he should have fireball powers again. I agree strongly.

Yes, omoneru, thanks for the translation...I passed over it the first time...it certainly is interesting. 60% of the ideas came from Mario128? I'm guessing Mario128 was all about spherical puzzles and such...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )