By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gamespy Best Graphics Award 2008: Gears of War 2

Jesus could we finally agree that award-shows are nothing but stupid? Damn, I liked Gears of War2 - graphics, I really did but I am not saying it looks better than MGS4. They are on the same level. There aren't great differences.

My most wanted game, Alan wake, is looking so great what we have seen and I am looking forward to it. My anticipation for this game did not decrease, because Uncharted 2 looked good aswell.

Same goes for metacritic. I can not believe people are comparing LBP to Gears of War2. I mean, on the one hand you have got a game full of atmosphere, action and with a good story and on the other hand you have a plattformer, which invites you to be creative. So according to metacritic the one game is better than the other one by 2%. Do you guys see that this is stupid?

Nobody tells me which game is better than the other or the best of the year. I have got my own taste.

My personal game of the year was Fable2. Just because I liked it and it was fun.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

Why must the PS3 fanboys cling to their "MGS4 is the greatest fantasy"
Why can't you just respect people for having a different opinion?
I played MGSS4 and I found it rather bland and unappealing.
Frankly sales for this game are downright pathetic considering the hype and marketing budget Sony gave it.
Based on the low sales, graphics don't mean a damn thing.

MGS4 only really looks good in the cutscenes, which I'm sure have had some touching up...

Gears 2 looks better. And this coming from the guy with the MGS4 sig! D:

I haven't played Warhead yet, but if looks even half as good as Crysis, it blows both of them out of the water, sorry.

Another Microsoft win. Damn, the 360 has been on a roll lately. IMO, MGS4 had weak textures.

Gears 2 looks good, but there isn't anything special and it really doesnt stand-out in my mind when I think "omg mega graphixz". I think we can all agree Haze should have clearly won this award.

Around the Network

yeah, the game with the best textures in console gaming deserves to win this title...

I'm no big fan of the Unreal Engine 3 (=Gears 2).

It don't matter who looks better, MGS4 or Gears 2 because in 2009 the graphics master crown will be over-taken by Alan Wake.

@okey

The cutscenes were 100 percent in game, dude you have the game, the gameplay transitions from the cutscenes are perfect..same quality visuals and everything, just different camera angles.

mM
leo-j said:
@okey

The cutscenes were 100 percent in game, dude you have the game, the gameplay transitions from the cutscenes are perfect..same quality visuals and everything, just different camera angles.

truth. In some parts the in-game play textures are actually better (act 5).  IMO and strictly IMO, MGS4 is slightly better than gears 2 which is relatively equal to R2.  The fact remains PC games are overlooked again.  We all know this and few admit it.  I am however pleased that they at least didnt award it to GTA4.

Let's see what Gamespy's parents, IGN, say. It's definitely close between Gears 2 and MGS4.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective