By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gamespy Best Graphics Award 2008: Gears of War 2

Griffin said:
Every single person in this thread is wrong, GT5p has by far the best graphics this generation has seen.

lol, i'm guessin thats the only game you've ever played this gen.

Around the Network

I gotta agree with Gamespy on this one. I played Gears 2, MGS 4, and Resistance 2 on the same TV, and Gears just has more polish. All of these titles are top tier games, though. They're technical peers. In the end, I can say without any doubt in my mind that Gears 2 painted the prettiest picture. Based on what the companies are releasing, 2009 is looking like the PS3's breakout year, though.

Yeah, thats complete Bullshit. MGS4 owns gears2. Hell, Uncharted looks better.

despite the fact that I agree with this... Gamespy still sucks... after all they are IGN's co-site...

CGI-Quality said:
@ eliasg

Well unfortunately Uncharted couldn't win for 08 because it was an 07 title :)

Seriously though, Gears 2 looks fantastic, MGS4 looks fantastic, each have their own art styles but this is a thread about Gears 2 graphics not MGS4 vs Gears 2. So Congrats to Gears 2, it really does look that good.

Congrats. This is the first post in this thread that makes sense. Listen people. :)

Around the Network

Well, I didn't really care for either game in the game play department, but graphics wise, they were both so good, it's just hard to say. I'd probably lean more towards MGS4, but I think I am only saying that because the opening scene was just so cool.

But I do think that the animation was more fluid in GOW2, which is really a shame considering they used a 50gb BD forMGS4... you would have thought they could have made it smoother with that much space.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

After I played Gears 2 I wasn't impressed. It felt just like Gears 1 with minor graphic upgrade.

The graphic is good but not Best Graphic good.
IMO the X360 RE5 demo looks much better than Gears 2.

My vote to MGS4.

And the 2009 PS3 graphic powerhouse:
GOW3, Uncharted 2, Killzone2, *GT5, Heavy Rain.

kanariya said:

After I played Gears 2 I wasn't impressed. It felt just like Gears 1 with minor graphic upgrade.

hahaha

kanariya,i think you are not a graphics expert, imo Gears 2 looks way better from Gears 1...

eliasg said:
kanariya,i think you are not a graphics expert, imo Gears 2 looks way better from Gears 1...

Yeah, I thought 1 was a overrated.  GeOW2 on the other hand delivered.

edit - 1's graphics were overrated... the game was great.