By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gamespy Best Graphics Award 2008: Gears of War 2

DTG said:
Lol, gamespy. VGA's comprised of dozens of top industry journalists all agreed that MGS4 had the best graphics of the year and thus this generation. Gamespy's little awards means nothing when two dozen industry top dogs disagree.

Gears 2 looks a lot better than MGS 4.

Around the Network

MGS4 cut scenes are amazing looking, but I would have to give game play graphics to Gears 2.

craighopkins said:
MGS4 cut scenes are amazing looking, but I would have to give game play graphics to Gears 2.

Cut scenes are for movies.

CGI-Quality said:
@ BigFatJ

Gears 2 looks good but not "a lot" better than MGS4. It beats MGS4 in the texture department but as previously stated, unless you've played all the way through the 4th and 5th acts of MGS4, you have not experienced the full prowess of it's visuals. IMO, it's a toss up, but when you factor in physics and animation than MGS4 HANDS DOWN wins there. Regardless, it's off topic, Gears 2 deserves all the praise it gets for it's visuals, it definitely is prettier than A LOT of titles this gen, including, it's predecessor!

I like that you speak with facts m8. But in my opinion Gears 2 is even better from Uncharted. I know it has some great graphics and visuals but the problem is, that it uses the same texture filter in many places during gameplay...

Just my opinion...

Gears of War 2 wins in textures. Even fanboys have to admit that.

Around the Network

The competition push the companies to their limits. Hell yes that a monopoly doesnt exists in gaming industry...

Pyro as Bill said:
Lol, I love how HD console gamers try and one up each other with their little graphics wars and look down on the Wii whilst the PC makes 360/PS3 look like crap.

720p LOL
30 FPS LOL
Dual Analog LOL

Jesus Christ get off your high horse.

Chrizum said:
DTG said:
Lol, gamespy. VGA's comprised of dozens of top industry journalists all agreed that MGS4 had the best graphics of the year and thus this generation. Gamespy's little awards means nothing when two dozen industry top dogs disagree.

Nope, sorry. Gears 2 looks miles beyond MGS 4.

Umm... no.

I think both are amazing, and it is really hard for me. I have seen both, and personally Gears 2 looks better (IMO). Again though, you are going to have conflicting opinions, or just label me a 360 fan-boy, either way.....I give both games massive props.

Every single person in this thread is wrong, GT5p has by far the best graphics this generation has seen.