By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gamespy Best Graphics Award 2008: Gears of War 2

kanariya said:

After I played Gears 2 I wasn't impressed. It felt just like Gears 1 with minor graphic upgrade.

The graphic is good but not Best Graphic good.
IMO the X360 RE5 demo looks much better than Gears 2.

My vote to MGS4.

And the 2009 PS3 graphic powerhouse:
GOW3, Uncharted 2, Killzone2, *GT5, Heavy Rain.

haha. Bullshit post

Around the Network

And that's a damn fine title to give the award to :P The graphics were pretty awesome ;)

Personally, I think it could be a toss-up between gears and MGS4, with MGS4 having imo the better character models and animations between the two, and gears focusing more on the atmosphere and environments. Both looked amazing :P

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

It is hard to compare the two. I have played both and think they are very much different. The world of Gears of War 2 is destroyed from war. The world of of Metal Gear Solid 4 is not. That makes it hard to compare the two.

Metal Gear Solid 4 - Amazing Graphics but mainly focused on characters and not much else. Textures are not that amazing. Characters are Very Very amazing.

Gears of War 2 - Amazing Graphics Focused on all sides, Characters, Surfaces, Textures, environments, atmosphere, particles, etc. And even though they made so much of an effort on all of the graphics in Gears of War 2, the Characters are still up with Metal Gear Solid 4 somehow! Metal Gear Solid 4 cannot compare with anything apart from Characters.

I do think Gears of War 2 has the best graphics for this Generation (So Far)
Its Characters, Environments, Textures, Surfaces and Particle Effects are just The best!

Pyro as Bill said:
Crysis Warhead says hi.

[valid]

its down to personal taste, lots of games have so called "cutting edge graphics" but often they have different styles, so to one person, MGS4 would look better whereas to another Gears 2 would win, my personal prefence would be for Gears 2.

Around the Network

gamespy really know how to choose the best :)

Environments and effects in Gow2 are what make it so special imo. Art style is stunning.