By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gamespy Best Graphics Award 2008: Gears of War 2

Well im basing judgment off the first level of gears 2, which I played personally, and I still think MGS4 has better visuals, although its insane the details on everything in GEARS (except the locust, chimera beat them in polygons), and how there are so many things going on, especially right after the 1st level, which was the part that your in the moving ship or something(the GT video for 1st gears gameplay), and there are lots of things coming at you in the air.

Though MGS4's character models are ahead of gears 2 by alot, and having played MGS4 just yesterday, its really hard to give anything to gears, it looks alot better than I believed it did a week ago.

mM
Around the Network

MGS4 is on another level, Gears 2 with its only brown colours doesn't even come close. But Killzone 2 will set the standard for rest of this gen.

DTG said:
Lol, gamespy. VGA's comprised of dozens of top industry journalists all agreed that MGS4 had the best graphics of the year and thus this generation. Gamespy's little awards means nothing when two dozen industry top dogs disagree.

LOL. Industry journos? No your wrong. VGA was comprised of Industry analysts. People who have never played any of the games. The same people that said wii would not sell before it was released. LOL VGA gave awards to keep the piece.

You call VGA reliable when they gave best PS3 game to LBP and best 360 to Gears 2 and PC was L4D. Yet none of those got GOTY, They gave it to GTA4.

^ That makes no sense. Surely GTA4 should have won Best game on all platforms if that was the case. VGA awards were PEACE keeping awards. LOL

Also when in ACT 4, and ACT 5, im sorry not even UNCHARTED comes close to MGS4, its breathtaking to say the least, the visuals are outstanding.

mM
DTG said:
jesus kung fu magic said:
DTG said:
Lol, gamespy. VGA's comprised of dozens of top industry journalists all agreed that MGS4 had the best graphics of the year and thus this generation. Gamespy's little awards means nothing when two dozen industry top dogs disagree.

Wait.............WTF!!!??!?!?!

This has to be the most stupidest thing ever since the creation of the VGA.... you are suggesting that the vga is the top dog in video game jornalism?

Trust the J man that if they were , he would never read a game review for the rest of his life.

MGS 4 looks great , but even you , a pitiful fanboy has to give credit where its due and thats gears of war 2 has the best graphics this gen (so far)

Maybe you dont know this but the vga awards are decided by the votes of the top 2 dozen industry journalists.

Did you even watch the VGA's?  Did you realize how much of a joke they were?  It was an awards show that ignored the awards.

It became blatantly obvious that they didn't give a crap about the awards and only cared about their bad skits, "big" celebritiy names, and advertising when at the hour forty minute mark they realize they had only really given out five awards and then gave out like 10 awards in two minutes so they could speed through game of the year and make sure Weezer had enough time to close the show.

Hell, even the fact they completely glossed over PS3 and 360 game of the year by subtly mentioning them lumped in with another award should tell you how much of a sham the VGA's are.

It saddens me that you have your own gaming site (well, MySpace page) yet you fail to realize how much a joke the VGA's are.  It really makes me wonder how much of a joke DeepThroatGaming actually is.

Around the Network
shanbcn said:
MGS4 is on another level, Gears 2 with its only brown colours doesn't even come close. But Killzone 2 will set the standard for rest of this gen.

I think you're 2 years late my friend. I'd say MGS4 looks more browny than Gears 2 does, sadly. Actually, the difference in graphics between Gears 2 and Gears 1 is just so obvious, I can't believe you missed it. o_O

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

selnor said:
DTG said:

LOL. Industry journos? No your wrong. VGA was comprised of Industry analysts. People who have never played any of the games. The same people that said wii would not sell before it was released. LOL VGA gave awards to keep the piece.

You call VGA reliable when they gave best PS3 game to LBP and best 360 to Gears 2 and PC was L4D. Yet none of those got GOTY, They gave it to GTA4.

^ That makes no sense. Surely GTA4 should have won Best game on all platforms if that was the case. VGA awards were PEACE keeping awards. LOL

Yea I keep asking myself that, oh and FABLE 2 didnt win best RPG for G4, it was fallout 3, yet Fable 2 still won GOTY XD, makes no sense.

mM

If you exclude all scenes where the player doesn't have control then I would give it to Gears 2. To me, MGS4 looked like good/very good shooter - aside from the incredible effort they put into making Solid Snake look good.

Tease.

But...how comes LBP didnt win! Its won every other award

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

selnor said:
DTG said:

No, it was full of talking marketing heads. 

I'd be willing to be planning for the show went something like this:

Hey, Guitar Hero is popular, lets fill the show with bands on that game. 

Also, people like hot girls so lets get a few models and pay them money to say they play games and people like that Kim Kardashian girl.  She's classy.  Lets give her an intelligent game to present and just have the other hot girls walk around without pants.

Hmm, and host.  My son use to play Tony Hawk all the time in middle school so lets hope he's not busy.  And, wait for it, Jack Black.  The perfect pair!

And what's a popular game that all the kids are playing these days?  People still like that Grand Theft Auto 3 right? Wait, what!?  There's a fourth one!?  There's our game of the year!

Now for the other awards,  Johnson, get me some sticky notes and a dart board.  The people will be so blown away by everything else there won't even be time to care about the awards.

This is going to be the best most extreme awards show ever. 

That's exactly how it went.