By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN console showdown 4 : PS3 vs. Wii vs. 360

Well too bad good game ratings =/ good sales.

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
This is also IGN Australia, which has been praising the PS3 a lot this year so it's to be expected really. This was a good year for the PS3 overall and both consoles improved tons over last years lineup which was really barren for good titles... last year when this same game review score vs Wii came up it was them twisting numbers around to get it to be % of games released on console with 7.5+ review score which quality and quantity wise Wii was stomping both consoles. This year started out great for the Wii and much better then the crap being peddled Q1 and Q2 for the HD consoles but then Wii's year looked horrible cause they didn't end strong like the HD consoles did even though this year Wii still has the 3 of the best games with the only things competing being LBP, L4D and MGS4

if you mean 360 has improved from last year ,you are surely mistaken.

2007:

Halo 3

Mass Effect

Bioshock

Orange Box(timed exclusive)

Forza 2

PGR4

Crack Down

Ace combat 6

(some more Exclusive but not worth mentioning)

2008:

Gears 2

fable 2

L4D

ninja gaiden 2

(more exclusives but not worth mentioning)

you can't really tell me that 08 was better than 07 for X360

IGN has a tendency of shooting down Wii graphics scores simply because it lacks HD. The scores are not based on the system's capabilities, but the relative capabilities of the other systems. You see it time and time again. You may argue whether that is fair or not, but if you say it is fair, then these comparisons mean nothing.

And The percentage statistic really means nothing. The best selling console is going to have more games, and a larger percentage of those games will be crap. The raw numbers are the only ones you should pay attention to.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X

Interesting. Of course its biased in terms of only one input site (IGN itself) and one location (so games that didn't release in the region excluded) but it does indicate that the PS3 has really come a long way in game titles this year.

360 still has better back catalogue but I do feel the actual exclusives dried up a little this year next to PS3.

Wii = PS2 = most shovelware so it has no chance in these kind of comparisons.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

SpartanFX said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
This is also IGN Australia, which has been praising the PS3 a lot this year so it's to be expected really. This was a good year for the PS3 overall and both consoles improved tons over last years lineup which was really barren for good titles... last year when this same game review score vs Wii came up it was them twisting numbers around to get it to be % of games released on console with 7.5+ review score which quality and quantity wise Wii was stomping both consoles. This year started out great for the Wii and much better then the crap being peddled Q1 and Q2 for the HD consoles but then Wii's year looked horrible cause they didn't end strong like the HD consoles did even though this year Wii still has the 3 of the best games with the only things competing being LBP, L4D and MGS4

if you mean 360 has improved from last year ,you are surely mistaken.

2007:

Halo 3

Mass Effect

Bioshock

Orange Box(timed exclusive)

Forza 2

PGR4

Crack Down

Ace combat 6

(some more Exclusive but not worth mentioning)

2008:

Gears 2

fable 2

L4D

ninja gaiden 2

Tales of Vesperia

Lost Odyssey

Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts

(more exclusives but not worth mentioning)

you can't really tell me that 08 was better than 07 for X360

No but it's definitely not worse, it's just more focused on other genres.

Around the Network

Looks like the last gen with GC, PS2, Xbox but then PS2 was the "casual" console and it had the worst games in that gen, yet still had alot of great games at the same time, just like this gen but now it's Wii that is the "casual" console.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

LOL. If you look at metacritic...things come up very differently for the PS3 vs 360 games. Especially in the 9+ department...

Nice, IMO some PS3 games were a little underrated though and a few 360 games overrated.

2009 should be even better for PS3 gaming.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Great other people think my PS3 has the best line up!!!!! AWESOME! But where are these 100+ games?

Come now, the best way to quantify the ammount of games that are good or the ratio would be to take a single game from each gerne and it's hybrid, then accumulate the reviews.

^_^

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

@ disolitude

If you look at metacritic

Metacritic has become a bit useless though, you only need review sources such as Gamespot or Eurogamer to post unreasonable low scores and the average is dragged down considerably.

IGN is one of the more balanced review sources. But in general US media and Eurogamer (UK) are heavily biased to the advantage of the 360 and against the PS3. I think this has become pretty obvious over the years.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales