By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN console showdown 4 : PS3 vs. Wii vs. 360

LoL

unlucky that Wii games are selling the best!!

which shows that:

reviewers have a HORRIBLE taste
and reviewers hate the Wii because it sells a lot of casual games and hardware, so Wii owners don't give a fuck about their reviews!!

i have to agree with the audience, the Ps3 has no games, so it's not selling, and the Wii has the best games and it's the reason it's selling!!
(which games are great because of the Wii-remote)

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network
MikeB said:

@ disolitude

If you look at metacritic

Metacritic has become a bit useless though, you only need review sources such as Gamespot or Eurogamer to post unreasonable low scores and the average is dragged down considerably.

IGN is one of the more balanced review sources. But in general US media and Eurogamer (UK) are heavily biased to the advantage of the 360 and against the PS3. I think this has become pretty obvious over the years.

Im sorry but IGN has given 4.5 to Sonic Unleashed for the ps3/360 and 7.2 for the Wii version. I own both games and they are pretty much identical with Wii version lacking some levels and having worse graphics but somewhat better controls for werehog levels.

Anyone with a sane mind would have rated the 360 version same as wii version if not higher.

They had a whole bunch of other fuck ups such as Alone in the dark.

There was also the IGN UK giving Football Manager 9.1/10, while the IGN US gave 2/10.

Cultural differences?

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad.

The problem is they seem to grade games based on presentation, when games aren't about presentation, that's just shock value which only lasts as long as the shock.

That method is good for movies and music because they are supposed to last a short period of time. But most would know that games tend to last longer than a movie or a song.

Bias and all that other stuff may play a roll also, but I'm not one to analyze the arbitor.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

hotrodx said:
There was also the IGN UK giving Football Manager 9.1/10, while the IGN US gave 2/10.

Cultural differences?

Exactly. All it takes is one dodgy review to uproot an entire average score

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

People,it`s all about the games,not the mark,not the system...the games matter.

I enjoyed Rise of the argonauts even if it review badly...and i haven`t enjoyed a high quality game (with high marks) because it was not my coup of tea.

It`s about the games,not the month to month average score or something like that.

And in the consoles war,the price matters about 50% and then the exclusive games -> 50%.

Quality > Quantity

Well, it's got purdy pictures, so it must be true!

*snort*

IGN is trash regardless of what country it's in...

Ok, let me get this straight. 360 has more games scored 7.5 or higher, while PS3 has more games scored 8.5 or higher, though the differences are not that big. The total number of games reviewed on 360 is more than PS3 as well. PS3 has a slight edge to be honest, but this leaves two points out.

a) 360 has many other games that are not available on PS3 but on other platforms like PC.

b) Multiplatforms are usually better on xbox 360.

c) The low end price of 360 is much lower than PS3.

So, an isolated evaluation like that is far from expressing the facts. That is why 360 is selling more than PS3 in all territorities except Japan.

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates