By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square enix: 360 easier to work with.

Old news really. We all know it's harder for Devs to comprehend the PS3's coding.

But, that isn't stopping any of the other Devs from making spectacular games now is it?

To me, these Devs honestly act Lazy.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

Around the Network

Unreal Engine + PS3 = bad.

We all know this. Don't spin this into a "SE loves 360" thread because of development problems. The White Engine would have been fine had they not taken a multiplatform route (btw....why aren't they using it yet? When they announced it changing to 'Crystal Tools' shouldn't IU have been done on that engine?).

Try using the deferred rendering engine used in Killzone 2, and try making a 360 game with it...I'd then say "Oh, it's easier to develop for the PS3"

UE3 is a PC based engine and we all know the 360 has similar architecture...so yeah, it's technically easier to develop for....when using that engine. But then again, you didn't see Criterion complaining about dev issues when they made Burnout......

It is common knowledge that 360 is easier to develop for compared to PS3 however I think it's a bit rich of TLR dev saying this looking at those glaring technical glitches for the game. I shudder to think how the game would play on PS3, 1 frame per second most probably.

I just want a moment to LOL at those saying SE are sucking MS balls now.

360 gets: FFXIII, TLR, IU and SO4

Playstation family gets: Dissidia, FFXIII, Versus, Agito, TLR, Kingdom Hearts game, PE3

yh Sony is dead to SE......

360 easier to program for OMG.. this would be a good time to mention that ice is cold!

Around the Network
RPG said:

Playstation family gets: Dissidia, FFXIII, Versus, Agito, TLR, Kingdom Hearts game, PE3

wasnt PE3 going to mobile? or maybe i read sumthing wrong. 

Shouldnt developing games on DVD thats been around since last gen be easier anyways? Its like some devs are getting lazy to work with new technology but thats how its always been.  I remember reading an article about sum devs says it was easier to make Dreamcast games than PS2 dvd games so nuthing surprising here.

RPG said:

Don't use Playstation Family.

Dissidia = PSP

FFXIII = Multiplatform

Agito = PSP

TLR = Multiplatform (should have been released at the same time....)

KH = I personally think it's going to be on the PS3, but it's debatable to Wii fans

PE3 = PSP game

PS3 gets one exclusive simply because of a stern developer (Nomura....ala MGS4 and Kojima) while the 360 already has TLR, IU out the door, taken FXIII exclusivity and pretty much canned a PS3 release of SO4. If you want to talk about the PSP games....the DS has a TON more

Yeah...Sony is dead to SE (as a publisher/developer)

V-r0cK said:
RPG said:

wasnt PE3 going to mobile? or maybe i read sumthing wrong. 

Shouldnt developing games on DVD thats been around since last gen be easier anyways? Its like some devs are getting lazy to work with new technology but thats how its always been.  I remember reading an article about sum devs says it was easier to make Dreamcast games than PS2 dvd games so nuthing surprising here.

http://archive.salon.com/tech/log/2000/10/27/playstation_rant/index.html

That one?

BMaker11 said:
RPG said:

Don't use Playstation Family.

Dissidia = PSP

FFXIII = Multiplatform

Agito = PSP

TLR = Multiplatform (should have been released at the same time....)

KH = I personally think it's going to be on the PS3, but it's debatable to Wii fans

PE3 = PSP game

PS3 gets one exclusive simply because of a stern developer (Nomura....ala MGS4 and Kojima) while the 360 already has TLR, IU out the door, taken FXIII exclusivity and pretty much canned a PS3 release of SO4. If you want to talk about the PSP games....the DS has a TON more

Yeah...Sony is dead to SE (as a publisher/developer)

Versus alone has prodcution values of IU, TLR, SO4 combined so no, SE is anything but dead to Sony. The only 360 exclusives are made by tri-ACE and lastly those PSP games will let like hot cakes in Japan. SO4 has never been called an exclusive so you make your mind up there so with all that said, well the games speak for themselves.

BTW KH game is coming to PSP, KH3 I suspect will come on the Wii.

Zim said:
outlawauron said:
@ numonex

You do know that the PSN has over 14-15 million on it right?

You do know that the PSN number includes the PSP users as well right? http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6201568.html

14million from a userbase of 41million and 18million. I would imagine a large % of that 14million is from the PSP. Realistically PS3 is at most 5-6million. XBox live has what? 14million? so yea 3 times is about right.

Also to soccerdrew17 I have long suspected that the reason the Last remnant is a timed exclusive is nothing to do with MS paying S-E. It is simply because the UE3 engine is known to have problems on the PS3 and so they are simply struggling to make the game run even as well as the 360 version did (which wasn't exactly impressive). I imagine they just released it on 360 now because S-E needed some cash and also to space it out from SO4, so the technical issues are really just due to it needing an extra month or two.

And you know that MS's XBL numbers include the original xbox. Every company spins to make themselves sound better.

@ S.T.A.G.E.

lol wut? Get in my head?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.