By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square enix: 360 easier to work with.

I thought it was common knowledge that the 360 was easier to develop for.

But with that said, maybe easier isn't always the best route for SquareEnix being that their most recent RPG titles on the 360 are hardly technical showcases... but then again, you could say the same for just about every japanese made 360 title.

Around the Network

Guess this guy hasn't played TLR, or the suckfest that is IU.

DMeisterJ said:

He made TLR.

Of course it's easier to work with. Fewer cores means that older algorithms translate more readily. Why is anyone surprised by this?

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

I bet Microsoft money makes it even more easy to develop xD

Around the Network
badgenome said:
DMeisterJ said:

He made TLR.

That was the joke.

Yeah... the 360 is a much easier program to develop games for. Everyone knows that already it's not even debatable unless your a fanboy.

Well, its common knowledge that 360 is the easier console to program for, but some of the things mr Takai said are quite bold and to state he really wants the next game he works on to be on 360 and NOT ps3 is not good news for sony is it.

Thats the bottom line_____________ here.

Surprise surprise...dude S-E has been sucking MS dick for almost a year now.

Does easier result in Better? Whenever Square Developed on a Sony System they were praised both Critically and Commercial successes (well most titles) and since it seems they turned their backs on Sony they have been sucking Hard...IU was a mess(and I know it was only published by Square but as a publisher with a STRONG influence over the company and provides funding and dev tools they decide where their games will go on what system) TLR is a disgrace and Project Sylpheed was an abomination that almost gave me a seizure

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi