By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square enix: 360 easier to work with.

OMG this is newEPICOMG!!! Yes they already said it before LOL ololol...

now the problem is that they have this "easy" developing games but what's with the low quality releases of games? If they're gonna follow the pattern of their recent releases, then they suck...

- played IU and TLR at my friend's, disappointed, didn't bothered to finish... -_-

- I hope SO4 will be good as I'm gonna buy a 360 the day the game comes out...

Persona4 = WIN

PSP fanboi

Around the Network

When are fanboys gonna curl up and ferkin' die?

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

The Fury said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
The Fury said:
Just because it is easier, doesn't mean you should develop it. Pushing yourself helps you develop as a person (in this case company). If they don't learn how to create a decent PS3 game, what happens next gen when the next X-box is as complicated if not more then the PS3?

Devs have had 2 years to get to know the PS3 hardware. People will always have their opinions. Doesn't mean they wont develop if it helps business. The PS3 will get plenty of great looking games. The point was that with the 360 to pump out the same graphics as most PS3 games can be done on the 360 faster and cheaper. The difference is the superiority of the PS3's space department.

Wasn't my point, they could develop for the Wii or PS3. Doesn't matter. If you company is not pushing themselves then you will never grow as a company.

I mean, why bother with this new generation when SquEnix could probably make a game for the PS2 easier then anything and sell more copies then any game they release for the 360 or PS3?

Then end result though to me is an excuse to why their games are on the 360 that have sold 1/4 of a million and not 1/2 million like they would on the PS3, just because of Japan.

It's called taking what you can get. SE could've taken the easy route and gone with the Wii, but they chose to stay HD. The PS3 will continue to get its praise if thats all your worried about.

sales of ffxiii and versus will be the deciding factor of what SE does next. if ps3 moves more software then i believe that will remain lead development, maybe be given exclusives (both times and full exclusivness) if 360 does then well SE may jump ship on sony.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
BengaBenga said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
BengaBenga said:
So if Infinite Undiscovery and The Last Remnant are on the easy to develop for console, what technical mess can we expect for PS3 exclusives? Jeez. 1 minute load times? 2 fps?

Add the upload time on the PS3. :)

No, cause you have to install it on the 360 as well, otherwise it's unplayable.

Lost Oddyssey is a technical marvel compared to Last Remnant and that has major issues, even when installed. I played TLR not intsalled and it's on the edge of unplayable.

I wonder what your gamer standards are. I'm just about playing.

What do you mean with gamer standards? It IS about playing.

I think load times of over 10 seconds to enter another area is completely ridiculous and significantly decreases the fun I have playing the game. It harms the gameplay. Especially in an RPG where you explore. Also framedrops just hurt the game-experience. Seeing a level load before your eyes also doesn't help.

I have been very unimpressed with the technical side of my HD games so far. Slow framerates, framedrops, pop-in, horrible load times, a patch for EVERY game I played so far. It seems like all gamers seem to care about is graphics, but for me graphics are a big third after gameplay and technical performance. I now automatically install everything on the HDD. Sometimes it helps a lot (Mass Effect) sometimes there are still issues (Lost Oddyssey).

On Wii I have very seldom have these issues. Most games run on a stable 60fps framerate without pop-ins and patches and the load times are significantly lower. Yes, it doesn't look as impressive, but at least I don't have technical annoyances while playing.

Around the Network
jkl2207 said:
Wow what earth shattering news. I wonder what the next piece of news will be.

"Square Enix: 360 is cheaper than the PS3"

LOL no way !

Check out my game about moles ^

S.T.A.G.E. said:
The Fury said:

Wasn't my point, they could develop for the Wii or PS3. Doesn't matter. If you company is not pushing themselves then you will never grow as a company.

I mean, why bother with this new generation when SquEnix could probably make a game for the PS2 easier then anything and sell more copies then any game they release for the 360 or PS3?

Then end result though to me is an excuse to why their games are on the 360 that have sold 1/4 of a million and not 1/2 million like they would on the PS3, just because of Japan.

It's called taking what you can get. SE could've taken the easy route and gone with the Wii, but they chose to stay HD. The PS3 will continue to get its praise if thats all your worried about.

They can save thousands if they develop for the Wii or PS2 and make millions at the same time because of the bigger market. Staying HD only really benefits you if you develop for the bigger selling console (talking Japan here where JRPGs matter) and do and good job, neither of which they did it seems. It's more excuses as to why their big games are not on the bigger selling consoles in their own country.

Hmm, pie.

lol...this is causing alot of turmoil...why?

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

The Fury said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
The Fury said:

They can save thousands if they develop for the Wii or PS2 and make millions at the same time because of the bigger market. Staying HD only really benefits you if you develop for the bigger selling console (talking Japan here where JRPGs matter) and do and good job, neither of which they did it seems. It's more excuses as to why their big games are not on the bigger selling consoles in their own country.

PS2 sales numbers have gone down since all the hype is gone down and SE wont put a main game on Nintendo so thats out of the picture. I was just saying that SE could've taken the easy route, but they didn't. SE likes to push the envelope.  Both HD systems will do the trick. You're not going to get a more superior FF graphically out of the PS3 version. Remember the 360 version has to come up to par with the PS3 version, not vice versa.

heruamon said:
lol...this is causing alot of turmoil...why?

That ´s how all threads go here :p (almost XD)

Check out my game about moles ^