By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square enix: 360 easier to work with.

That was obvious, 360 is overall a better platform to develop, yet SE does support sony firmly, they are the best 3rd party supporter of the PSP for example.

Around the Network
numonex said:

Very good news from Square Enix. High probability FF XIII Versus will come to the XBox 360. That game would be a blast on XBox Live and would sell more due to XBox Live having a membership of three to four times larger than PSN on the PS3.
A year ago no one expected FF XIII to go to XBox 360. E3 2009 - FF XIII Versus to also appear on XBox 360. Is almost guaranteed. Square Enix MMO is expected to be announced on XBox 360 for E3 2009. I wonder what it will be?

Don't get it, these are 2 different Dev teams we are talking about here.... One that states they like developing for 360 and one that wants it's games exclusive on the ps3.

1) Show proof that XBL has 3 or 4x more members than PSN.
2) Most JRPG sales come from JPN, the PS3's install base is huge compared to the 360 there. [PS3 is more than 3x bigger according to this site]
3) Are you saying that FFvsXIII has an onlince component of some sort??? Show me a link proves this... If there isn't an online component then I don't see what PSN and XBL have to do with the game's sales at all....

Nothing is Garranteed. Pure and Simple....

They've announcned an MMO already that will be PS360/PC.... sooooo....... what's your point???? Who where did you get this "Expected to be announced" from???? You're secret "insiders"???? ROFL!!!

4 ≈ One

BengaBenga said:
So if Infinite Undiscovery and The Last Remnant are on the easy to develop for console, what technical mess can we expect for PS3 exclusives? Jeez. 1 minute load times? 2 fps?

not gonna lie, before clicking on the thread, i thought the same thing you did :P

Kingdom Hearts 3 on Xbox360 confirmed!

If it is so much easier,

then how come your games aren't better (IU) or a technical mess? (The Last Remnant)

does this mean that FFXIII for PS3 will run at 10 fps?

EDIT: I see BengaBenga did a good job of saying the same thing as me

Around the Network
numonex said:

Very good news from Square Enix. High probability FF XIII Versus will come to the XBox 360. That game would be a blast on XBox Live and would sell more due to XBox Live having a membership of three to four times larger than PSN on the PS3.
A year ago no one expected FF XIII to go to XBox 360. E3 2009 - FF XIII Versus to also appear on XBox 360. Is almost guaranteed. Square Enix MMO is expected to be announced on XBox 360 for E3 2009. I wonder what it will be?

Different Dev team, what this guy says has no bearing on Versus.

Also, recent trailers for Versus have said "for PS3 only Worldwide" something FFXIII never had. (to my recollection)

If Versus hits the 360 one day, it will happen because FFXIII for 360 sold near or the same as the PS3 version

Lolcislaw said:
That was obvious, 360 is overall an better easier platform to develop, yet SE does support sony firmly, they are the best 3rd party supporter of the PSP for example.

fixed