By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square enix: 360 easier to work with.

heruamon said:
Wether it's one developer or a the entire company, the key here is I've not heard too many developers say it's easier to program on the ps3...

Too true, but few write off the PS3 completely.  Nomura, for example, who seems to run S-E these days ;)

It's all about the game.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
@ numonex

You do know that the PSN has over 14-15 million on it right?

You do know that the PSN number includes the PSP users as well right? http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6201568.html

14million from a userbase of 41million and 18million. I would imagine a large % of that 14million is from the PSP. Realistically PS3 is at most 5-6million. XBox live has what? 14million? so yea 3 times is about right.

Also to soccerdrew17 I have long suspected that the reason the Last remnant is a timed exclusive is nothing to do with MS paying S-E. It is simply because the UE3 engine is known to have problems on the PS3 and so they are simply struggling to make the game run even as well as the 360 version did (which wasn't exactly impressive). I imagine they just released it on 360 now because S-E needed some cash and also to space it out from SO4, so the technical issues are really just due to it needing an extra month or two.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

Zim said:
outlawauron said:

Also to soccerdrew17 I have long suspected that the reason the Last remnant is a timed exclusive is nothing to do with MS paying S-E. It is simply because the UE3 engine is known to have problems on the PS3 and so they are simply struggling to make the game run even as well as the 360 version did (which wasn't exactly impressive). I imagine they just released it on 360 now because S-E needed some cash and also to space it out from SO4, so the technical issues are really just due to it needing an extra month or two.

i stated that in my first post that ue3 isnt so hot on ps3.

but considering what they did on 360 and the problems it has on ps3, my hopes arent so high for the technical aspect.  I was expecting this to be a decent franchise, but that went downhill after they announced the timed exclusivity.  you dont build  a big franchise based off of screwing with one section of your audience.

this should get interesting next gen.  sony likely to stick with a bigger, better cell and ms to stick with computer like hardware.  

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
The Fury said:
Just because it is easier, doesn't mean you should develop it. Pushing yourself helps you develop as a person (in this case company). If they don't learn how to create a decent PS3 game, what happens next gen when the next X-box is as complicated if not more then the PS3?

Devs have had 2 years to get to know the PS3 hardware. People will always have their opinions. Doesn't mean they wont develop if it helps business. The PS3 will get plenty of great looking games. The point was that with the 360 to pump out the same graphics as most PS3 games can be done on the 360 faster and cheaper. The difference is the superiority of the PS3's space department.

Wasn't my point, they could develop for the Wii or PS3. Doesn't matter. If you company is not pushing themselves then you will never grow as a company.

I mean, why bother with this new generation when SquEnix could probably make a game for the PS2 easier then anything and sell more copies then any game they release for the 360 or PS3?

Then end result though to me is an excuse to why their games are on the 360 that have sold 1/4 of a million and not 1/2 million like they would on the PS3, just because of Japan.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:

Then end result though to me is an excuse to why their games are on the 360 that have sold 1/4 of a million and not 1/2 million like they would on the PS3, just because of Japan.

When they ever get around to releasing a decent PS3 title, hopefully sales will prove that it is worth giving Sony at least a little bit of their focus.  Not sure how much I expect from TLR since it is in no way an established franchise and has been blasted by reviewers, but I'm hoping for an explosion of FF sales next year and some renewed faith.

It's all about the game.

Around the Network

So if Infinite Undiscovery and The Last Remnant are on the easy to develop for console, what technical mess can we expect for PS3 exclusives? Jeez. 1 minute load times? 2 fps?

BengaBenga said:
So if Infinite Undiscovery and The Last Remnant are on the easy to develop for console, what technical mess can we expect for PS3 exclusives? Jeez. 1 minute load times? 2 fps?

Add the upload time on the PS3. :)

S.T.A.G.E. said:
BengaBenga said:

No, cause you have to install it on the 360 as well, otherwise it's unplayable.

Lost Oddyssey is a technical marvel compared to Last Remnant and that has major issues, even when installed. I played TLR not intsalled and it's on the edge of unplayable.

BengaBenga said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
BengaBenga said:

No, cause you have to install it on the 360 as well, otherwise it's unplayable.

Lost Oddyssey is a technical marvel compared to Last Remnant and that has major issues, even when installed. I played TLR not intsalled and it's on the edge of unplayable.

I wonder what your gamer standards are. I'm just about playing.

BengaBenga said:

Which makes no sense.  Judging by past work, I've always thought of S-E as the pinnacle of development studios... and so far from a technical standpoint they've done nothing but dissapoint.  We've clearly seen what PS360 are capable of in the hands of able developers (especially UE3 on 360), and then there is S-E, who have yet to show a title that can stand with the gems of this gen.  I know IU wasn't developed internally, but there's no excuse for TLR technical faults.

I wish S-E would return to the days when they developed a handful of amazing titles a year, rather than a truckload of shovelware.

It's all about the game.