By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square enix: 360 easier to work with.

What is a 360??

Around the Network
Commando said:
Interesting. SE seems to be doing pretty well developing for 360 so far. I wonder what will come next.

Which games have you been playing!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Commando said:
Interesting. SE seems to be doing pretty well developing for 360 so far. I wonder what will come next.

that was my point.  this guy led a 360 timed exclusive on an engine that was better for 360 and it still has technical issues.  if thats the case i dont care about him developing on any system.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

Yes this was established with the Last Remnant Old News.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

soccerdrew17 said:
outlawauron said:
Commando said:

that was my point.  this guy led a 360 timed exclusive on an engine that was better for 360 and it still has technical issues.  if thats the case i dont care about him developing on any system.

So what if Namco and FF's head developers say it was better to develop for the 360, then what would you say?

Around the Network

Very good news from Square Enix. High probability FF XIII Versus will come to the XBox 360. That game would be a blast on XBox Live and would sell more due to XBox Live having a membership of three to four times larger than PSN on the PS3.
A year ago no one expected FF XIII to go to XBox 360. E3 2009 - FF XIII Versus to also appear on XBox 360. Is almost guaranteed. Square Enix MMO is expected to be announced on XBox 360 for E3 2009. I wonder what it will be?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
soccerdrew17 said:
outlawauron said:
Commando said:

So what if Namco and FF's head developers say it was better to develop for the 360, then what would you say?

Well, no one has said that. It's common knowlegde that the 360 is much easier to program for, so that wouldn't be a surprise.

And define "better". Is more sales better? Higher quality game "better"? And which parts make that version better? Who knows, that's very vague.

@ numonex

You do know that the PSN has over 14-15 million on it right?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
soccerdrew17 said:
outlawauron said:
Commando said:

Well, no one has said that. It's common knowlegde that the 360 is much easier to program for, so that wouldn't be a surprise.

And define "better". Is more sales better? Higher quality game "better"? And which parts make that version better? Who knows, that's very vague.

@ numonex

You do know that the PSN has over 14-15 million on it right?

It was purely a hypothetical question. I love getting in peoples heads.

As for your response to Numonex, PSN may have  14 million PSN users, but Xbox Live users downloads and purchases are multiples of PSN's with less members (look it up). You know why? Xbox Live Gold membership doesnt pull punches with payments. This makes the users more apt to purchase old games, arcade titles & more.

Just because it is easier, doesn't mean you should develop it. Pushing yourself helps you develop as a person (in this case company). If they don't learn how to create a decent PS3 game, what happens next gen when the next X-box is as complicated if not more then the PS3?

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
Just because it is easier, doesn't mean you should develop it. Pushing yourself helps you develop as a person (in this case company). If they don't learn how to create a decent PS3 game, what happens next gen when the next X-box is as complicated if not more then the PS3?

I highly doubt that the next box will be difficult to develop for, and i also see 360 getting more and more once PC exclusive games due to the fact that someone said porting a game from pc to 360 is as easy as "pressing a button"