By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Console are you getting FFXIII for

ps3 version for me, i see no reason in buying the 360 version its pointless.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

If I get it, I'll be getting it for the 360.

360. Maybe get the PS3 version too, if there are good exclusive promos with it.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

PS3, I dont have a 360.

selnor said:  It's glad really. I'm just glad Hironobu Sakaguchi is still around. Because the 3 best FF's were all directed and Produced by him. FF2, 6 and 7. 

FFVI and VII were both directed by Yoshinori Kitase.

Around the Network

PC if it's good enough.

jetrii2 said:
Xbox 360. I have a PS3 but I only use it for exclusives. Game installs annoy the heck out of me.

Same as me.

Xen said:
jetrii2 said:
jacks81x said:
jetrii2 said:
Xbox 360. I have a PS3 but I only use it for exclusives. Game installs annoy the heck out of me.

Personally I would take game install over changing disc anyday.  You don't have to phsyically be there while the game is installing.  You pop the disc in, go grab a bite or something, come back and it's done.  Maybe it's just me, but I don't see that as that big of an inconvenience.  I mean, what's the difference between that and using a PC?  Every application on your PC needs to be installed.

Maybe it's just me, but when I pop a game into my game console, I want to play a game, not grab a bite to eat. I would rather spend a total of maybe 50 seconds changing discs than 10-30 minutes waiting for a game to install, even if I don't have to be there for most of the time.

No PS3 game takes that much. MGS4, the one that has the longest install of all, is 8 mins.

8 minutes + 3 minutes for each act after that = 20 minutes.

If I get it, it will be for whichever system it hits the bargin prices (

Acevil said:
Xen said:
jetrii2 said:
jacks81x said:
jetrii2 said:

Personally I would take game install over changing disc anyday.  You don't have to phsyically be there while the game is installing.  You pop the disc in, go grab a bite or something, come back and it's done.  Maybe it's just me, but I don't see that as that big of an inconvenience.  I mean, what's the difference between that and using a PC?  Every application on your PC needs to be installed.

Maybe it's just me, but when I pop a game into my game console, I want to play a game, not grab a bite to eat. I would rather spend a total of maybe 50 seconds changing discs than 10-30 minutes waiting for a game to install, even if I don't have to be there for most of the time.

No PS3 game takes that much. MGS4, the one that has the longest install of all, is 8 mins.

8 minutes + 3 minutes for each act after that = 20 minutes.

I really don't want to turn this into a debate, but to me, that is the equivalent of MGS4 coming in 5 discs. Your options are either sit there for 3 minutes waiting or walk away, which you would have to do to change the disc if it came in multiple discs. I think the PS3 is a great console. I am not too fond of Sony, but that doesn't change the fact that the PS3 is a marvel of engineering. Game installs on the other hand changes it from an amazing console to a decent one.