By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Console are you getting FFXIII for

How on earth did Square "betray" Sony? They were never "loyal" to Sony in the first place! Look where the first nine Final Fantasy games released. ALL on Nintendo systems.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network
thetonestarr said:
How on earth did Square "betray" Sony? They were never "loyal" to Sony in the first place! Look where the first nine Final Fantasy games released. ALL on Nintendo systems.

I Think you mean the first 6 final fantasies and In a way Nintendo Betrayed Square when they decided to go the way of the cartridge format. Back in the day Squaresoft actually wanted to make games that were great and artistic. Sony introduced a new format that let developers have so much more freedom on their console then say Nintendo's. I mean put it this way FF VII would have either been a lot Shorter, Graphically inferior or just plain suck if it was made on the N64.

When its something for an artistic vision and making a better product Many wont see it as a betrayel but since Square decided to not only Make it a Multi-plat title because of a few dollars but the fact that many feel the 360 is the reason they might not see it in 09 is the reason why many view this as a betrayl. If you look at all Final Fantasies starting from 7+ they were all released in Japan first and Localized and translated for NA and released in the same year. But now its Highly likely even though Square says its not that the 360's development which hasnt even started will impede the release of the PS3's NA version

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

No, I mean the first nine Final Fantasies. Legends, Adventure, and Mystic Quest, although not proper Final Fantasy titles, still have the Final Fantasy brand name.

And funny, the DS being on a cart hasn't stopped companies from making games on it instead of the PSP. Even though you've got the same restrictions the N64 had (except hardware cost).

And Final Fantasy VII didn't need to be on disc format. Seriously, Square just got lazy about compression and clean coding. It could have fit on an N64 cartridge, but companies back then were rookies at, well, a lot of things. Nintendo betrayed nobody; they just made a poor business decision for the time. There's a big difference here.

SW-5120-1900-6153

PS 3 of course

FFVS XIII will be cool in the collection with FF XIII.

ps3 of course

day one and with Final fantasy Versus 13 =)

Around the Network

I agree that an install is better then longer loading times. I just pop in the game play some wii sports and before my tennis match is over the install is done. Better then 5-10 seconds of loading time every time. For those of you who plan on installing this 50 gig PS3 port on your $150 proprietary 360 HD, you have no qualms with it taking up all that expensive space? I'm sorry but I'll just take the bluray.