By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Console are you getting FFXIII for

Darc Requiem said:
forevercloud3000 said:

PS3, for QUALITY RPGs this GEN!!!!

Half those games aren't even out. When you have to post games that haven't been released, it means your argument is weak at best.

Half? only white Knight isnt out yet. wtf is wrong with you? oh and versus to but still.

Around the Network
Neoraf said:
Darc Requiem said:
forevercloud3000 said:

Half those games aren't even out. When you have to post games that haven't been released, it means your argument is weak at best.

+1
They don't seem to realize that the RPG genre is on 360.
Sad blindness.

The 360 currently only has 3 exclusive JRPG's 2 of which are crap to fair (Blue Dragon and IU) the only one thats worth it is LO. (Played them all @ my local wal-mart) as for the rest there are multi-platform. so no in terms of JRPG's 360 isnt.

Playstation 3

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Neoraf said:
Darc Requiem said:

+1
Sad blindness.

The 360 currently only has 3 exclusive JRPG's 2 of which are crap to fair (Blue Dragon and IU) the only one thats worth it is LO. (Played them all @ my local wal-mart) as for the rest there are multi-platform. so no in terms of JRPG's 360 isnt.

This whole discussion is ridiculous, but how many exclusive JRPGs does the PS3 have? And you "forgot" the one that's generally seen as the best: Tales of Vesperia.

I think Vesperia + Lost Odyssey + Infinite Undiscovery + Blue Dragon  + Last Remnant >>> Valkyria Chronicles + Disgaea + Folklore (which isn't even an RPG but ok).

And please don't come up with "TLR will be on PS3" cause it iosn't yet and then we can also include Star Ocean 4, which will make the balance even more lopsided. Again, this discussion is ridiculous, but please don't go making retarded claims.

And lmfao @ playing RPGs at the local Walmart

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Neoraf said:
Darc Requiem said:
forevercloud3000 said:

+1
Sad blindness.

1. Tales of Vesperia.

2. Either you spent a hell of a lot of time at Wal-Mart, or you are judging 30+ hour games based on a few minutes.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Neoraf said:
Darc Requiem said:
forevercloud3000 said:

+1
Sad blindness.

1. Tales of Vesperia.

2. Either you spent a hell of a lot of time at Wal-Mart, or you are judging 30+ hour games based on a few minutes.

Ah i'll give you that one @ 1. but imo i dont really like the tales series, legendia was the only one i like honestly lol.

As for 2, no not just a few mins, for about a week or so, clocked in about 12 hours in total over the days and truth be told LO is the only one that was pretty awesome, slow pace but awesome none the less.

I sort of liked IU to some point but only because im a tri-ace fanboy lol, but i gotta say even for a tri-ace game that was hard for me to play because it was so washed out and boring.

Blue dragon was by far the worst im not even gonna go into detail about that game.

So i guess for the overall, ToV & LO Then. Added with what i said above. the number is still a single digit.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Neoraf said:
Darc Requiem said:
forevercloud3000 said:

+1
Sad blindness.

Well I disagree with you about the quality of JRPGs for 360. I don't think any of them are crap. I think ES and IU are average but honestly that is besides the point. You listed games that aren't out and one game that isn't an RPG. What guarantee do you have that those games are going to be any good? Given Sega's recent history, I didn't expect much from Valkyria Chronicles but thankfully I was wrong. After playing Eternal Sonata, I wondered if ToV would average as well and it was exceptional. You can't argue released games versus unreleased games. You can't claim a game is crap after limited play time. I loved the Eternal Sonata demo but was disappointed the full game. I didn't like the ToV or Blue Dragon demos but I like both games, ToV in particular.

@Darc Requiem- Well obviously it was my opinion on the matter, i still havent tried the new tales yet, but mainly due to the fact the only tales game i liked was legendia...

Overall though fair enough.

Btw most of those games are out, the only 2 PS3 exlcusive JRPG's not out is White Knight and Versus XIII. and thats less then half. also i'd like to add, White Knight will be coming out very soon ...in japan... so...

And yes Folklore DOES count as an RPG, an (A)RPG to be honest, but an RPG none-the less. i should know i own the game.

Now my question:

360 has a longer JRPG collection right now (who knows in the future but now that's the truth), that's gonna be the criteria for PS360 owners to pick FF13 on either console???

The funny thing about this RPG debate is no one ever brings up the only 360 JRPG that I think everyone agrees is complete crap. Operation Darkness. I think my mind blocks it out because whenever I think of 360 RPGs it NEVER comes to mind.