By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Console are you getting FFXIII for

One thing i don't get:

People is willing to choose a game for a platform just beacuse the case has the same brand and has the same colors??? i get achievments vs trophies, i get DVD-HDD vs Blu-Ray-Install (because of the timing argument from both sides), i get the quality angle, but just because a phreaking case??? if that's the way it goes, then my Resident Evil collection is tainted because i have them for the PS and RE4 for the Gamecube (soon to buy the Wii version and RE5 for the PS3) and the cases are very different, my god, my FPS collection is tainted too, because i have them for the PC/PS3 (and that's not counting previous gen consoles), and i'm gonna buy the Conduit for the Wii, holy sh*t the cases...

Around the Network

I'll go for lead platform on 1 disc please.

forevercloud3000 said:

PS3, for QUALITY RPGs this GEN!!!!

Well said cloud. +1

forevercloud3000 said:
I mean JRPGs as WRPGs hardly interest me at all.

-Blue Dragon equals crap
-Lost Odyssey is decent but did not like it when I tried it.
-IU is terrible
-Last Remnant is Multi but still kind of bad
-ToV I hear is good, nothing wrong with that one.
-SO4 will be good but nothing spectacular seeing as they have changed nothing from the previous SO game. Even the combat and look of characters is the same.

So that is two JRPGs that are at least GOOD on 360.

Shoot, mass effect has my attention more so then either of those.

what about eternal sonata? best game on the 360 if you ask me

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
forevercloud3000 said:

Well said cloud. +1

+1. Although I have yet to get a RPG on the PS3. I'm planning to get Valkyria and Folklore by the time WKC hits America.

Around the Network
indodude said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
forevercloud3000 said:

Well said cloud. +1

+1. Although I have yet to get a RPG on the PS3. I'm planning to get Valkyria and Folklore by the time WKC hits America.

I've got folklore, great game. its an Action RPG style game, with ALOT of PSN Add-Ons, but i think you should go for VC first because Folklore is great but i hear VC is unreal for its sub-genre sJRPG.

In the end the folklore is great you wont be let down.

forevercloud3000 said:

-Blue Dragon equals crap
-IU is terrible
-SO4 will be good but nothing spectacular seeing as they have changed nothing from the previous SO game. Even the combat and look of characters is the same.

What's the point of posting a subjective list like this? Obviously everybody is going to have a different opinion on the quality of games.

Not that I'm accusing you, or anyone in this thread specifically of this, but I'm sick of seeing PS3 fans call all of the JRGPs on the 360 mediocre, and vice versa.  In many instances, it's obvious that they've never played them, and all it does is make me wonder how these people can totally ignore multiple quality RPGs (that they would buy in a second if it were exclusive/available on their system).

angrypoolman said:
forevercloud3000 said:

-Blue Dragon equals crap
-IU is terrible

what about eternal sonata? best game on the 360 if you ask me

which is now also available on PS3 with more content and two extra playbable characters. XD

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

IDK....only buying it if it AMAZES me, and if I do it will be Xbox 360.

PREDICTIONS:
360 will outsell PS3 YTD for 2008. (CHECK!)
360 will have the best showing at E3 & TGS in 2009
2009 will be another year for the 360 over PS3
End OF 2009 SALES :: 360 - 40M;  PS3 - 30M; Wii - 70M

forevercloud3000 said:

which is now also available on PS3 with more content and two extra playbable characters. XD

And for more than three times the price. I guess if you're a huge fan of the game it might be worth paying that, but personally if I wanted the game I'd go with the 360 version. (Eternal Sonata for the 360 is $17.44 on Amazon.)

These list war arguments are so pointless. PS3 fanboys will always think the PS3 exclusives are better, and 360 fanboys will always think the 360 exclusives are better. Why bother?