Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Console are you getting FFXIII for

On PS3 of course, what a question!

Around the Network

PS3 of course! =)

forevercloud3000 said:
selnor said:
forevercloud3000 said:
@jetrii2

My MGS4 has about a 4-5 min install initially, and a 30 secs to 1min install between acts. Most of the time it doesn't even feel like a install rather a loadtime screen. It goes so fast you dont have the time to care.

What I am saying is...
if FFXIII is 4 disc minimum for 360. that is 8+8+8+8=32minutes. Now I am not arguing this as a bad thing, far from it. That was never my point. My point was that someone used 360 installs as incentive to get the 360 version of FFXIII when it in actuallity is neither a good thing nor a bad thing. it is 0, it ads nothing to the debate at all.

Bad disc drives(-1)
installs added(+1)
Verdict: 0

We have already been over this previously in this thread but heres the jist.

I think your missing the point here. Now installs are available on 360, if a feveloper optimizes the game when the game is chosen for install, every game that is installed on 360 has the ability to perform better than it's PS3 counterpart. Because it never ever has to access the disc other than the first 10 secs to make sure you own the game.

PS3 install still has to read off the bluray as well as HDD.

Yes you do have to load each disc on, but the performance can be better with installs now on 360. Can read data much faster than any DVD or BD spinning disc.

Any game in 2009 that is coming to 360 can be optimized for those who install. So it provides a decent reason for people to do it, performance gain, as well as noisless console.

I understand where you are coming from. Yet my point is that it is not concrete whether installs for FFXIII will have any effect for 360 version. I have been warned of some games not getting any boosted advantages from being installed, even some cases of the game actually running SLOWER(I believe the game was Blue Dragon, could be wrong). It is not a sure bet Plus. The only reason Installs were ever even implemented on 360 was simply to evade disc reader problems due to the faulty hardware that is the 360. faster load times for SOME games is an after effect.

Yes but now installs are available for any game the developers can now optimize the code for installs. Any game out up to this christmas wont have been optimized, so from 09 onwards we will see bigger performance gains. And lets be honest, optimizing the code to read from HDD faster is at the most maybe an extra month development. So considering M$ made it so all games can be installed, the devs can now take advantage of install optimizing with their new games.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
selnor said:
piggychan said:
selnor said:

It's amazing that last gen this would have been all blue boxes. Amazing how now Square do more for Xbox.

By any chance do you have Tales of Veperia, Blue Daragon and Lost Odyssey. You should take photo of all together that would look so cool.

Sadly Tales of Vesperia still not released in Europe yet.. I'd still like to buy Cudcept saga but thats JP/USA too

That does look bloody awesome. Definately the console to own for JRPG's. One more favour. If you can take a photo of all your RPG's together (both WRPG and JRPG) I'll be a happy man. Also I guess your getting Cry On and Star Ocean next year? As well as Tales Of Veperia.

Only 3 of those games are exclusive to the 360 IU, LO & BD. everything else is on PS2/PS3 and PC. so no its not the "the" console to own for JRPG's its a great one for sure, but not the best.

I'll rephrase. The console to own for RPG's this gen. :)

forevercloud3000 said:

I understand where you are coming from. Yet my point is that it is not concrete whether installs for FFXIII will have any effect for 360 version. I have been warned of some games not getting any boosted advantages from being installed, even some cases of the game actually running SLOWER(I believe the game was Blue Dragon, could be wrong). It is not a sure bet Plus. The only reason Installs were ever even implemented on 360 was simply to evade disc reader problems due to the faulty hardware that is the 360. faster load times for SOME games is an after effect.

Here's the problem: 0.5% of X360 games see reduced performance. 99.0% see increased performance, and 0.5% are unable to be installed onto the HDD (Crackdown).

Installs have had major effects on EVERY JRPG or WRPG made for the 360. They've all seen major decreases in loading times, increases in frame rates, and other benefits. Some games, such as Tales of Vesperia see such positive benefits that battles go from 3-4 second load times to instantaneous loadtimes, with seamless transitions to battles.

Sorry, I'd rather take 99% over your questioning, and batting 10 for 10 when it comes to RPGs.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Definetly PS3.

If I do indeed get it, it's going to be for the PS3.

Neoraf said:

Wrong.
BengaBenga said: "you can install Lost Odyssey and play with disc 1 inserted".

NO NEED TO SWAP DISC.

And you don't need to swap discs on the PS3 version either.

>_>

Neoraf said:
forevercloud3000, what if it load faster on the 360 on the Hard Drive?
Who knows?
What if I want to play FF13 on a completely silent console? (I can hear the soft noise of my blu-ray disc reading in my PS3)

What if I prefer Achievements?
What if I love my 360 controller more than my PS3 controller?
What if I want to encourage Square to work multiplatform?
What if I want to support an american company (Microsoft) in this US economical meltdown?

What if an North American console better fits my needs?

What if we discover after release that the 360 version runs better? (Square is on Microsoft side now, don't forget)
Anything is possible.

I don't think anyone cares what system you buy it on, we'd just prefer if you go the facts straight. 

You can still hear the 360 when you have the game installed.  You don't hear a jet engine because the disc isn't spinning, but you do hear the fan running, and it's on par with PS3 noise.  The 360 is not completely silent when playing games from the HDD. 

And what if it doesn't load faster from the Hard Drive?  Halo 3 actually loads slower, since it already data-cache's it.  >_>

The bolded is fine, cause it's all opinion.

Who knows what version will run better?  The game isn't out yet, but the fact that it's coming out on PS3 first gives credence to the fact that it could easily run better on Sony's platform.

PS3, for QUALITY RPGs this GEN!!!!

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)