By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Console are you getting FFXIII for

Neoraf said:

@Bboid, if the 360 controller seems heavyweight for you... I suggest you a Gym subscription.

Long play sessions need a good controller.
Heavy or not (I prefer the heavy, real one. BTW, on the original Xbox, I loved the first controller (Big and heavy one) not the S-Controller. The rumbling was insane. The feel was real, like a war tool.)

Hardcore gaming is not for kids.

I suggest you piss off.  It is MY PERSONAL PREFERENCE.  Respect it.  I work 16 hours a day 5 days a week and 10 hours on Saturday.  I'm sorry if i'm tired at the end of the day and like to relax with my lightweight controller of choice while I play a game(if I have time) and fall asleep.

Around the Network

having both, im getting the ps3 version because it was designed for that system specificaly.

forevercloud3000 said:
I heard these installs sometimes take 15-20minutes as told to me by my friend who owns one. This is indeed hear say might I add and I could be mistaken

Every game I've installed, and everybody I've talked to that's also installed games, has had no more than six minute install times. Your friend is either lying or got a crappy system.

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:
forevercloud3000 said:
I heard these installs sometimes take 15-20minutes as told to me by my friend who owns one. This is indeed hear say might I add and I could be mistaken

Every game I've installed, and everybody I've talked to that's also installed games, has had no more than six minute install times. Your friend is either lying or got a crappy system.

That is not correct. MGS4 has an 8 minute initial install then 3 minute between chapters for a total of 20 minutes. DMC4 has a 20 minute initial install. There are a few games that have long installs but the average seems to be around 5 minutes.

@jetrii2

My MGS4 has about a 4-5 min install initially, and a 30 secs to 1min install between acts. Most of the time it doesn't even feel like a install rather a loadtime screen. It goes so fast you dont have the time to care.

What I am saying is...
if FFXIII is 4 disc minimum for 360. that is 8+8+8+8=32minutes. Now I am not arguing this as a bad thing, far from it. That was never my point. My point was that someone used 360 installs as incentive to get the 360 version of FFXIII when it in actuallity is neither a good thing nor a bad thing. it is 0, it ads nothing to the debate at all.

Bad disc drives(-1)
installs added(+1)
Verdict: 0

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network

forevercloud3000, what if it load faster on the 360 on the Hard Drive?
Who knows?
What if I want to play FF13 on a completely silent console? (I can hear the soft noise of my blu-ray disc reading in my PS3)

What if I prefer Achievements?
What if I love my 360 controller more than my PS3 controller?
What if I want to encourage Square to work multiplatform?
What if I want to support an american company (Microsoft) in this US economical meltdown?

What if an North American console better fits my needs?

What if we discover after release that the 360 version runs better? (Square is on Microsoft side now, don't forget)
Anything is possible.

My Gaming Setup

take it easy patriot, just tell us what do you prefer, not your entire life

Final Fantasy XIII? PS3. Along with its exclusive ww cousin Versus XIII. (If they come out around the same time. which i doubt but meh....)

Im looking forward to Versus far more though, there latest trailer sealed the deal for versus for me.

Although Regular XIII still looks solid.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Final Fantasy XIII? PS3. Along with its exclusive ww cousin Versus XIII. (If they come out around the same time. which i doubt but me)

Im looking forward to Versus far more though, there latest trailer sealed the deal for versus for me.

Although Regular XIII still looks solid.

I believe FF XIII Versus will be released on PS3 before FF XIII appears.

@snakeftw
I forgot to tell you that my grandmother is sick.
Yesterday I made my groceries.
And monday I think I'm gonna swim.

Say it, you love to hear my life...

My Gaming Setup