By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Console are you getting FFXIII for

Neoraf said:
forevercloud3000 said:

Also You do still have to swap discs. 360 requires the original disc of the game you are playing to still be in the drive in order to play it.(lol at whoever thought of that). So, looking at this objectively, anyone who installs it has it worse for they must bear a install wait time AND STILL swap discs.

Wrong.
BengaBenga said: "you can install Lost Odyssey and play with disc 1 inserted".

NO NEED TO SWAP DISC.

Yes, according to benga you dont have to swap discs if you install it. Ill take his word on it as I have not had the chance to experiment with this myself. Yet here is the thing...

You still have to install each disk right? I am pretty sure the info for the entire game is not secretly embedded in one but all of them. You will have to go from disk to disk and install them. I am not sure of 360 download speed for this but I can take a geustimate on if a PC takes about a few hours to do it the 360 will be somewhere close or longer. That is nothing compared to a simple PS3 install that would only be saving the redundent data from the disc.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:
Neoraf said:
forevercloud3000 said:

Also You do still have to swap discs. 360 requires the original disc of the game you are playing to still be in the drive in order to play it.(lol at whoever thought of that). So, looking at this objectively, anyone who installs it has it worse for they must bear a install wait time AND STILL swap discs.

Wrong.
BengaBenga said: "you can install Lost Odyssey and play with disc 1 inserted".

NO NEED TO SWAP DISC.

Yes, according to benga you dont have to swap discs if you install it. Ill take his word on it as I have not had the chance to experiment with this myself. Yet here is the thing...

You still have to install each disk right? I am pretty sure the info for the entire game is not secretly embedded in one but all of them. You will have to go from disk to disk and install them. I am not sure of 360 download speed for this but I can take a geustimate on if a PC takes about a few hours to do it the 360 will be somewhere close or longer. That is nothing compared to a simple PS3 install that would only be saving the redundent data from the disc.

As a point of reference, Gears of War took in the neighborhood of five minutes.

forevercloud3000???
A 360 game transfer of 6,9gb takes about 4 - 5 minutes.

In fact, many of my PS3 games installs took longer than a complete 360 disc transfer.

My Gaming Setup

I heard these installs sometimes take 15-20minutes as told to me by my friend who owns one. This is indeed hear say might I add and I could be mistaken

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

I can't speak as to your friend's experience. His game may have simply taken longer for some reason.

Around the Network

Looks like Piggychan beats my X360 JRPG collection by 1 lousy game (darn his MMOs).

I'll have to post sometime in the near future.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Neither, JRPGs are just not my idea of fun.

If I get XIII (which I likely won't), then it'll have to be for the 360 since I don't HAVE a PS3.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Neoraf said:
forevercloud3000???
A 360 game transfer of 6,9gb takes about 4 - 5 minutes.

In fact, many of my PS3 games installs took longer than a complete 360 disc transfer.

it took me 12 minutes 59 seconds to transfer 1 disc.  Total install time for MGS4 was around 15 minutes so

I hardly see any difference between either systems transfer/install speeds.

I'll definitively import for the PS3, and when it comes out in the states, I'll see which version is better.... Though I must say, I wasn't a big fan of having to switch disks for IU... I had to go back and forth disk1&2 in order to get some achievements >_>...