By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Console are you getting FFXIII for

I'm going to do the thing that makes sense: I'm going to wait to see which version is better.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
I'm going to do the thing that makes sense: I'm going to wait to see which version is better.

now who in there right mind wants to do that? /sarcasm

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Obviously I'm getting the PS3 version... Unless there's something unexpected in that version, if which case I'll get it for - wait, I don't have a 360. PC then (if they ever decide to release it on the PC)?

Seriously, though, I'm probably getting it for the PS3. I don't think there's going to be a huge difference in the different versions except for the fact that the PS3 version is going to use Blu-ray (which means no or less switching discs).

twesterm said:

Exactly, that's the best option for multiplatform owners (And i mean people that have or will have PS3 AND 360 by the time FF13 goes out)...

The Anarchyz said:
twesterm said:

Exactly, that's the best option for multiplatform owners (And i mean people that have or will have PS3 AND 360 by the time FF13 goes out)...

this is what im going to do.

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:

PS3, for QUALITY RPGs this GEN!!!!

For even more quality for JRPG's this gen it's 360.

But seeing as you said RPG's well again the place to be is 360

You should remove FFXIII and The Last Remnant from that list, since forevercloud only posted exclusives...

And i thought Folklore was adventure with role play elements...

I mean JRPGs as WRPGs hardly interest me at all.

-Blue Dragon equals crap
-Lost Odyssey is decent but did not like it when I tried it.
-IU is terrible
-Last Remnant is Multi but still kind of bad
-ToV I hear is good, nothing wrong with that one.
-SO4 will be good but nothing spectacular seeing as they have changed nothing from the previous SO game. Even the combat and look of characters is the same.

So that is two JRPGs that are at least GOOD on 360.

Shoot, mass effect has my attention more so then either of those.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

360 for the achievements!!

Had to change my sig to get some moderator to quit bitching about it......

forevercloud3000 said:
I mean JRPGs as WRPGs hardly interest me at all.

-Blue Dragon equals crap
-Lost Odyssey is decent but did not like it when I tried it.
-IU is terrible
-Last Remnant is Multi but still kind of bad
-ToV I hear is good, nothing wrong with that one.
-SO4 will be good but nothing spectacular seeing as they have changed nothing from the previous SO game. Even the combat and look of characters is the same.

So that is two JRPGs that are at least GOOD on 360.

Shoot, mass effect has my attention more so then either of those.

LOL at your SO4 comment. I'm much more looking forward to SO4 after the dismal FF10 and 12. But I will still get 13.

And also I wasnt aware you could buy TLR on PS3 now.

But the only PS3 JRPG I'm interested in really is WKC. The others so, so. And strictly speaking VC is not JRPG. But then you stated RPG so.

To point out though

Lost Odyssey was the best I played since FF7. It's similar in many ways to FF. But thats no reason to mark it down, just because it's familiar. LO had the best storytelling of any JRPG. The story was average but the direction in the cutscenes and VA couple together with the most emotional death scene of any Video game and it deservedly is a top class game.

Blue Dragon was a simple JRPG, but certainly not crap. IU is mediocre, Tales is acclaimed as the best Tales game.

Certainly choose the 360 RPG lineup more than the PS3 one currently.