By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Console are you getting FFXIII for

Cactus said:
forevercloud3000 said:
I mean JRPGs as WRPGs hardly interest me at all.

-Blue Dragon equals crap
-Lost Odyssey is decent but did not like it when I tried it.
-IU is terrible
-Last Remnant is Multi but still kind of bad
-ToV I hear is good, nothing wrong with that one.
-SO4 will be good but nothing spectacular seeing as they have changed nothing from the previous SO game. Even the combat and look of characters is the same.

So that is two JRPGs that are at least GOOD on 360.

Shoot, mass effect has my attention more so then either of those.

What's the point of posting a subjective list like this? Obviously everybody is going to have a different opinion on the quality of games.

Not that I'm accusing you, or anyone in this thread specifically of this, but I'm sick of seeing PS3 fans call all of the JRGPs on the 360 mediocre, and vice versa.  In many instances, it's obvious that they've never played them, and all it does is make me wonder how these people can totally ignore multiple quality RPGs (that they would buy in a second if it were exclusive/available on their system).

I Agree with you on that, if i don't play it i don't comment on it... Since i played them all (friend's 360 and he's like me with RPGs) In my opinion

-Blue Dragon is below average (I'm very demanding when it's about Akira Toriyama, DQ is my 4th favorite franchise and Chrono Trigger is one of my favorite GAMES of all time)...

-Lost Odyssey is great, the FF legend Hironobu Sakaguchi delivered, and Nobuo Uematsu still has his touch, the game has a FFX feeling, some say FFVII feeling, but hey, since HS was in both i call it a tie...

-Tales of Vesperia is also great, so many people is missing out with this one...

-Infinite Undiscovery is terrible, i hope Tri-Ace does better with Star Ocean 4

-The Last Remnant so far i played it one part and the only thing that bothered me were the FR-drops, since i'm getting this one on PC, i'm not concerned about that (unless they pull a Crysis XD )

-Mass Efect is good, i have it on PC

-Fable II is good also, but i liked Fable better

So if i had a 360, i would get so far LO, ToV and FII, the other ones are on PC or i don't like them...

Around the Network

if it turns out to be good and not total garbage like XII then PS3.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
indodude said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
forevercloud3000 said:

PS3, for QUALITY RPGs this GEN!!!!

Well said cloud. +1

+1. Although I have yet to get a RPG on the PS3. I'm planning to get Valkyria and Folklore by the time WKC hits America.

I've got folklore, great game. its an Action RPG style game, with ALOT of PSN Add-Ons, but i think you should go for VC first because Folklore is great but i hear VC is unreal for its sub-genre sJRPG.

In the end the folklore is great you wont be let down.

+10

I currently only have a Wii but I was planning to get a PS3 mostly for this game.. Now, whose to say PS3 how long the PS3 will even be around after this games release so I might just have to buy a 360.

forevercloud3000 said:

Half those games aren't even out. When you have to post games that haven't been released, it means your argument is weak at best.

Around the Network

This is off topic, but is Folklore a role playing game? Based off of the demo (that's all I played of it), it seems to be strictly an adventure game (similar to LoZ).

360 since i rarely game on my ps3 and i can copy the discs on my hdd..

Darc Requiem said:
forevercloud3000 said:

Half those games aren't even out. When you have to post games that haven't been released, it means your argument is weak at best.

+1
They don't seem to realize that the RPG genre is on 360.
Sad blindness.

My Gaming Setup

"

selnor said:
colonelstubbs said:
360...im looking forward to it taking up all the space on my shelf due to the amount of discs it could be on

Yeah damn those 4 game discs taking up 1 box hey.

Look at the bright side you'll likely see the full intro before a PS3 buyer. The install will probably take at least the time for a 360 owner to get to the first battle.

See Colonel. 2 people can be sarcastic.:)

What if they stream intro on to TV while installing game? :)

Still I'm getting it for ps3 I hope they will put both japanise and english audio there and then it will be pure WIN.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB