By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Console are you getting FFXIII for

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

@Darc Requiem- Well obviously it was my opinion on the matter, i still havent tried the new tales yet, but mainly due to the fact the only tales game i liked was legendia...

Overall though fair enough.

Btw most of those games are out, the only 2 PS3 exlcusive JRPG's not out is White Knight and Versus XIII. and thats less then half. also i'd like to add, White Knight will be coming out very soon ...in japan... so...

And yes Folklore DOES count as an RPG, an (A)RPG to be honest, but an RPG none-the less. i should know i own the game.

Believe me, if naznatips doesn't include it in his JRPG list (which he didn't) it's not an JRPG. Including it wouldn't change anything about the conversation though. That is that until Versus XIII 360 has the best exclusive JRPGs between 360 and PS3.

Around the Network

@Darc Requiem- isnt that the vamprie one? or the turn based one?

BengaBenga said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

@Darc Requiem- Well obviously it was my opinion on the matter, i still havent tried the new tales yet, but mainly due to the fact the only tales game i liked was legendia...

Overall though fair enough.

Btw most of those games are out, the only 2 PS3 exlcusive JRPG's not out is White Knight and Versus XIII. and thats less then half. also i'd like to add, White Knight will be coming out very soon ...in japan... so...

And yes Folklore DOES count as an RPG, an (A)RPG to be honest, but an RPG none-the less. i should know i own the game.

Believe me, if naznatips doesn't include it in his JRPG list (which he didn't) it's not an JRPG. Including it wouldn't change anything about the conversation though. That is that until Versus XIII 360 has the best exclusive JRPGs between 360 and PS3.

Could you explain to me what you mean by the bolded? im tired and sort of stupid so... lol.

Sorry. :P i dont wanna jump the gun thats why, and not something between you for that matter.

Also, naza? well from the way i viewed, Folklore has a leveling up system, new attacks, random and choosen encounters, a great story, and made by a company that has a JRPG past... so.... I'll post videos later on in a review since its so overlooked lol.

@Seraphic_Sixaxis

Its the SRPG set in World War II with Nazi's , werewolves, etc. It has the worst camera in the history 3D games and PS2 level graphics. The camera is so bad that Sonic Team shakes their heads at it in disgust.

@Darc Requiem- Ahh, yeah thats right, forgot about that one, was it really that bad i mean jeez...

No wonder everyone was expecting Valkyria Chronicles to fail hard... Sales wise its not that epic, but the game in general is untouchable this gen so far IMO...

Around the Network

I will be picking it up PS3, not only because of the fact that Versus is going there as well (as we know of so far) but for the fact that my PS3 is a 60GB with full BC and I prefer to put my JRPG collection there. PS1/2/3 JRPG collection.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I also have to agree with Seraphic_Sixaxis, Blue Dragon really is crap. Story is boring, MaruMaru is annoying as all hell whether you use Japanese VA or English VA. There is no way to make that annoying pain in the ass bearable.

Also... PLEASE NEVER use that horrible Boss music EVER AGAIN. It is so bad that I have to turn the volume all the way down just to save myself the embarassement.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Euphoria14 said:
I also have to agree with Seraphic_Sixaxis, Blue Dragon really is crap. Story is boring, MaruMaru is annoying as all hell whether you use Japanese VA or English VA. There is no way to make that annoying pain in the ass bearable.

Also... PLEASE NEVER use that horrible Boss music EVER AGAIN. It is so bad that I have to turn the volume all the way down just to save myself the embarassement.

Ah, yeah thats right i forgot about that damn boss music, even the other people waiting in line was wondering wtf i was playing in wal-mart.

Euphoria14 said:

This is the beginning

Here's where it all gets started

Under the sky aboooove

NYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

badgenome said:
Euphoria14 said:

This is the beginning

Here's where it all gets started

Under the sky aboooove

NYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

MY GOODNESS!!! That song makes me ears bleed.

Now thanks to you my eyes are bleeding! GAHH!!!!

Let us not forget that right at the start you know how this game is going to play out. Like a steroetypical childrens anime program you know who the bad guy will be at the end.

These days I wish for at least 1 JRPG to be like the JRPG's of old.

Currently playing: