By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Console are you getting FFXIII for

PS3. Unless they do something totally weird like a much better 360 version. Or leave the Japanese voices on the 360 but not on the PS3.

Around the Network
selnor said:
Xen said:
selnor said:
Xen said:
selnor said:
piggychan said:

probably be 360 to join the rest of the Square Enix roster...

unless of course it turns out to be a very bad port then I'll probably get a PS3 or skip the game altogether

It's amazing that last gen this would have been all blue boxes. Amazing how now Square do more for Xbox.

By any chance do you have Tales of Veperia, Blue Daragon and Lost Odyssey. You should take photo of all together that would look so cool.

No it isn't...

Yes it is amazing to me. By the time PS3 gets FF13 and FF13 vs. 360 will already have FF11 plus expansions, TLR, IU, Star Ocean 4 and FF13 as well. Plus rumours that there is another Square Enix exclusive for 360 in the pipeline. Considering last gen it was my PS2. The sole reason I'm getting FF13 on 360 regardless of any slight differences is to have as many Square Enix stuff together on 1 console.

Considering SE makes games of far lower quality than before... I don't really care about them. FF 13 is not that high on my list...

By that time TLR will also be on PS3, btw.

Me needs L-5 and Atlus support now.

Alot of people I will admit are blinded by the FF name. Including reviewers. I have played now a fair bit of TLR and IU recently and you know whats funny. The only FF game that I thought was better than TLR and IU was FF2, 6 and 7.

FF8 - 12 are all about the same quality as TLR and IU. Reviewers seem to see FF and immediately think right we have to do either 9 or 10.

It's sad really. I'm just glad Hironobu Sakaguchi is still around. Because the 3 best FF's were all directed and Produced by him. FF2, 6 and 7.

Or, you know, people (a fair majority) simply share an opinion different than your own. I haven't tried TLR as of yet, but I can say that after only playing IU for a few hours that it is far from the quality of any Final Fantasy post FFIV. Lost Odyssey, while much better, I think is still not quite up to snuff. You can pass it off as blindness if you'd like simply because I don't agree with your line of thinking, but the fact of the matter is that I think there are many RPG's that are of the same quality (or greater than some FF's). Xenogears, for example, I think is better than FFVII, IX and XII. Chrono Trigger better than VII, Suikoden V better than VII and Vagrant story is pretty much on par with any of them. Hell, I even find Disgaea 1 as good as Final Fantasy Tactics.

Also FFVI and FFVII weren't directed by Sakaguichi, that honour belongs to Kitase (along with Hiroyuki Ito). Kitase also directed other fantastic games such as FFVII, FFVIII, Chrono Trigger and produced FFX as well as FFXIII currenty. This isn't to take anything from Sakaguchi, the guy kicks ass, but rather to question your alleged correlation to Sakaguichi's direction and the best FF's.

Another thing, just out of curiousity, do you mean FFIV (FFII US) when you mention FF2? I actually disliked FF2 (US) very much.

To answer the question asked in the OP: As an owner of both consoles, I'll likely get it on PS3 as I'd like it to match FFV13. I couldn't care much for achievements/trophies or controllers. This is, of course, unless the 360 version somehow gets released earlier, which seems rather unlikely.

PS3

pearljammer said:
selnor said:
Xen said:
selnor said:
Xen said:
selnor said:
piggychan said:

probably be 360 to join the rest of the Square Enix roster...

unless of course it turns out to be a very bad port then I'll probably get a PS3 or skip the game altogether

It's amazing that last gen this would have been all blue boxes. Amazing how now Square do more for Xbox.

By any chance do you have Tales of Veperia, Blue Daragon and Lost Odyssey. You should take photo of all together that would look so cool.

No it isn't...

Yes it is amazing to me. By the time PS3 gets FF13 and FF13 vs. 360 will already have FF11 plus expansions, TLR, IU, Star Ocean 4 and FF13 as well. Plus rumours that there is another Square Enix exclusive for 360 in the pipeline. Considering last gen it was my PS2. The sole reason I'm getting FF13 on 360 regardless of any slight differences is to have as many Square Enix stuff together on 1 console.

Considering SE makes games of far lower quality than before... I don't really care about them. FF 13 is not that high on my list...

By that time TLR will also be on PS3, btw.

Me needs L-5 and Atlus support now.

Alot of people I will admit are blinded by the FF name. Including reviewers. I have played now a fair bit of TLR and IU recently and you know whats funny. The only FF game that I thought was better than TLR and IU was FF2, 6 and 7.

FF8 - 12 are all about the same quality as TLR and IU. Reviewers seem to see FF and immediately think right we have to do either 9 or 10.

It's sad really. I'm just glad Hironobu Sakaguchi is still around. Because the 3 best FF's were all directed and Produced by him. FF2, 6 and 7.

Or, you know, people (a fair majority) simply share an opinion different than your own. I haven't tried TLR as of yet, but I can say that after only playing IU for a few hours that it is far from the quality of any Final Fantasy post FFIV. Lost Odyssey, while much better, I think is still not quite up to snuff. You can pass it off as blindness if you'd like simply because I don't agree with your line of thinking, but the fact of the matter is that I think there are many RPG's that are of the same quality (or greater than some FF's). Xenogears, for example, I think is better than FFVII, IX and XII. Chrono Trigger better than VII, Suikoden V better than VII and Vagrant story is pretty much on par with any of them. Hell, I even find Disgaea 1 as good as Final Fantasy Tactics.

Also FFVI and FFVII weren't directed by Sakaguichi, that honour belongs to Kitase (along with Hiroyuki Ito). Kitase also directed other fantastic games such as FFVII, FFVIII, Chrono Trigger and produced FFX as well as FFXIII currenty. This isn't to take anything from Sakaguchi, the guy kicks ass, but rather to question your alleged correlation to Sakaguichi's direction and the best FF's.

Another thing, just out of curiousity, do you mean FFIV (FFII US) when you mention FF2? I actually disliked FF2 (US) very much.

To answer the question asked in the OP: As an owner of both consoles, I'll likely get it on PS3 as I'd like it to match FFV13. I couldn't care much for achievements/trophies or controllers. This is, of course, unless the 360 version somehow gets released earlier, which seems rather unlikely.

You are a right to an extent. I used the wrong words really. But however Sakaguchi was the man who had end saying on all FF's to FF9. It's funny how the ones I dislike the most are the ones when he left and had nothing to do with.

Do you know which FF's are the original and full concept of Hironobu Sakaguchi? In other words who's imagination and idea each game is? Seriously I know to much about RPG's.

FF2 (not American FF2) FF6 and FF7 were all the full idea of Hironobu Sakaguchi. The stories and characters came from his mind.  He was the Director on FF2, Producer on FF6 and 7.

Also 9 which I think is the next best one after those is also Sakaguchi's idea of which he again was the producer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hironobu_Sakaguchi

Sorry but your wrong my 3 faveourites came solely from the brain of Sakaguchi. Effectively like Star Wars. Even though Return of The Jedi was not directed by Lucas he oversaw and was fully his idea.

ps3 ftw.

It's all about the game.

Around the Network

PS3

don't see a reason currently to get it for 360.

Probably PS3, unless there are any glaring technical problems/MGS4-like installs.

PS3.

Mutlidisc thing is a pastgen, and there is no reason to return to that. =)
Stats87+1
PS3 FTW!

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Cactus said:
Probably PS3, unless there are any glaring technical problems/MGS4-like installs.

Same here.

selnor said:
pearljammer said:
selnor said:

You are a right to an extent. I used the wrong words really. But however Sakaguchi was the man who had end saying on all FF's to FF9. It's funny how the ones I dislike the most are the ones when he left and had nothing to do with.

I don't think it's funny, you just simply prefer his works than that of the others who worked on them. What I do find funny, however, is how you claim that reviewers and many users are blinded by the FF name. There is no doubt that FF often overshadows other quality JRPG's and causes many gamers to overlook games like Xenogears and Vagrant Story (Both received incredibly well by media and users, many even moreso than most FF's), but that is in no way a detractor of the series itself. You didn't address this point, which was the focus of my post.

Do you know which FF's are the original and full concept of Hironobu Sakaguchi? In other words who's imagination and idea each game is? Seriously I know to much about RPG's.

Yes, I do. And if you had mentioned that firstly, I would have avoided the correction. My apologies for the misunderstanding.

FF2 (not American FF2) FF6 and FF7 were all the full idea of Hironobu Sakaguchi. The stories and characters came from his mind.  He was the Director on FF2, Producer on FF6 and 7.

Also 9 which I think is the next best one after those is also Sakaguchi's idea of which he again was the producer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hironobu_Sakaguchi

Sorry but your wrong my 3 faveourites came solely from the brain of Sakaguchi. Effectively like Star Wars. Even though Return of The Jedi was not directed by Lucas he oversaw and was fully his idea.

Wait... How could I be wrong? I never once said that he didn't come up with the concept of these games, simply that he didn't direct VI nor VII, which you indicated as great being that that they were directed by him. I was going by your own words.

Also, while Lucas was the creator and brain of Star Wars, each director had a profound affect on each movie. The direction and execution on episode V and VI were far greater than that of I-IV (Lucas' efforts as director). I-III have shown us that having a great concept alone is worthless without great direction and execution.

Again, this doesn't take anything from Sakaguichi, and I would have completely avoided the correction had I known you meant that you simply prefer his concepts and characters.