By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Phantom Brave - new SRPG for Wii

Hey, guys! 'Too hard' is the new 'Too easy' when it comes to casual games!

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network
GooseGaws said:
I guess they've ported Disgaea to every platform possible; they need to portify something else. They should make it a Phantom series double-pack, though I suppose there's less profit potential there.

I wouldn't be surprised if they slapped Disgeaa ports on Wii. Hell they could do Disgaea 3 on Wii, the only thing that was HD about that games was the Character portraits. Besides that the only other addition to the game was widesreen support. It would probably look better at 480p with 16:9 to be honest. 2D art never scales up well.

I'm gonna bite and get this game. It will cost absolutely nothing to make/port and will be pure profit for NIS. Then, they'll be able to fund an original Wii SRPG, which will make the next Wii Fire Emblem wait a lot more bearable.

Bring it on, Nippon Ichi.

flagship said:
Horrible game, party members were all spirits that could only last a certain number of turns in battle which basically forced you to constantly micromanage your forces just to finish even the easiest of levels.

I see that the shovelware is going to keep on comming.

They should have warning signs for these kind of games: "not for hardly core". 

So is it a port?

Around the Network

@Flagship

It sounds like the SRPG genre isn't for you. One of the staples of the genre is usually micromanagement to be honest.

Some new info:

- port of PS2 version
- free run system
- movement limited by DM points
- Marona, main character, tethers phantoms to background objects
- Wii version getting mysterious character, which could be Plenair
- hits Japan on March 12th for $78

From Gonintendo

Official site

Screenshots

Gaddamn, $78!?

Nippon Ichi huh...

good luck with that.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Kenology said:
Gaddamn, $78!?

Don't forget that's partly a comparison to the weak dollar.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs