By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Phantom Brave - new SRPG for Wii

Like Eternal eyes and FF Tactics? I think I should give this a try, never played a tactics game since eternal eyes

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

I never had a chance to play this on the PS2. I hope this game is released outside of Japan.

Anyone recognize the silhouette on the scan, or is it a brand new character?

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"

Kasz216 said:
Darc Requiem said:
My brother had this game on PS2 and didn't care for it very much. I haven't played it personally but it doesn't seem to be revered like other NIS games. I have a feeling that we will be seeing a lot of NIS on the Wii. The high userbase, low dev costs, and their small size seems to make the Wii and NIS a good match.

That's because the story wasn't focused on being funny.  Which is what NIS games basically hang their hats on.  People love the stories fall in love with them and keep grinding.

The circular movements combined with the unique ways you gain skills though makes the game head and tails above the rest in gameplay though.

My brother is more into serious RPGs than even I am, so maybe I would enjoy it. I'd probably borrow his PS2 copy for I considered looking at the Wii version.

Horrible game, party members were all spirits that could only last a certain number of turns in battle which basically forced you to constantly micromanage your forces just to finish even the easiest of levels.

I see that the shovelware is going to keep on comming.

LordTheNightKnight said:
pearljammer said:

Hmm, is this just a PS2 port? Or is it a new game of the same series? It very much looks like a port, although I'd love to be proven wrong.

Out of the NIS SRPG's on the PS2, this was likely my least favourite that I played behind Disgaea 1 & 2 and La Pucelle Tactics. Regardless, it was a good game and should be played by any SRPG fan who may have missed it last gen.

So considering the developer, the weakest is still pretty damn good.

Definately, they've quickly become one of my favourite developers over the past few years.

Around the Network

Cool. I haven't really played any games like this before, except for perhaps Final Fantasy: Tactics Advanced.
Original game recieved fairly positive reviews. And I love the art style, and I'm eager to try something like this game. I'll keep an eye on it.

RolStoppable said:
flagship said:
Horrible game, party members were all spirits that could only last a certain number of turns in battle which basically forced you to constantly micromanage your forces just to finish even the easiest of levels.

You wouldn't know art if it crawled up your ass, died and blamed Wii Fit.

lol!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

flagship said:

Having to have to use strategy in a strategy RPG!

WHAT THE HECK!

I'm hoping.

Phantom Brave is my favorite NI SRPG. The gameplay is solid once you get the hang of it, and the story and characters just tugged at my heart. ;__;

Now I wanna go play my copy again. >.<

Btw, my #1 fav, SRPG-wise, is Final Fantasy Tactics, followed by Fire Emblem : Radiant Dawn, and then Phantom Brave. :)

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

I guess they've ported Disgaea to every platform possible; they need to portify something else. They should make it a Phantom series double-pack, though I suppose there's less profit potential there.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.