By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Phantom Brave - new SRPG for Wii

Saw it on GoNintendo, not many details. Just a scan.

Edit:

Some new info:

- port of PS2 version
- free run system
- movement limited by DM points
- Marona, main character, tethers phantoms to background objects
- Wii version getting mysterious character, which could be Plenair
- hits Japan on March 12th for $78

From Gonintendo

Official site

Screenshots

Around the Network

Hmm, is this just a PS2 port? Or is it a new game of the same series? It very much looks like a port, although I'd love to be proven wrong.

Out of the NIS SRPG's on the PS2, this was likely my least favourite that I played behind Disgaea 1 & 2 and La Pucelle Tactics. Regardless, it was a good game and should be played by any SRPG fan who may have missed it last gen.

pearljammer said:
Hmm, is this just a PS2 port? Or is it a new game of the same series? It very much looks like a port.

Out of the NIS SRPG's on the PS2, this was likely my least favourite that I played behind Disgaea 1 & 2 and La Pucelle Tactics. Regardless, it was a good game and should be played by any SRPG fan who may have missed it last gen.

Excellent, I really got into FE last year, and I've been looking for more SRPG's to play. Any other PS2 ones you recommend?

I'd especially recommend Disgaea: Hour of Darkness as well as the second (if you enjoy the first, of course). That's the only one on PS2 that I think of as in the same class as FE. La Pucelle Tactics was great as well. That's all I can really think of at the moment.

If you hadn't already played Final Fantasy Tactics already, you must do so immediately as it's considered the cream of the crop by most of the genre's fans. (If you can find Tactics Ogre, I hear they're quite great too)

If you have a PSP, J'eanne D'Arc was excellent.

Also, Shining Force is a very good series of which I think you can get on the Wii (at least one of them), if I'm not mistaken?

Edit: Oh, catch up on those Fire Emblems too. Everyone I've played so far has been great!

pearljammer said:

I'd especially recommend Disgaea: Hour of Darkness as well as the second (if you enjoy the first, of course). That's the only one on PS2 that I think of as in the same class as FE. La Pucelle Tactics was great as well. That's all I can really think of at the moment.

If you hadn't already played Final Fantasy Tactics already, you must do so immediately as it's considered the cream of the crop by most of the genre's fans. (If you can find Tactics Ogre, I hear they're quite great too)

If you have a PSP, J'eanne D'Arc was excellent.

Also, Shining Force is a very good series of which I think you can get on the Wii (at least one of them), if I'm not mistaken?

Edit: Oh, catch up on those Fire Emblems too. Everyone I've played so far has been great!

I played the GC/Wii ones, and one of the GBA ones on an emulator (but it doesn't feel the same). I'm starting to lean towards importing the newly released one.

I've played FF Tactics A2, and enjoyed it very much. I'm assuming the first FF Tactics is more of the same (a good thing)?

I don't have access to a PSP, but I will try those PS2 ones.

Thank you for the reccomendations.........now I just need time!

Around the Network

"I've played FF Tactics A2, and enjoyed it very much. I'm assuming the first FF Tactics is more of the same (a good thing)?"

I find that they're very different from one another. While I enjoyed FFT Advance, it's nothing in comparison to the original. You really should do yourself the favour.

I can understand what you mean by the GBA Fire Emblems, they do feel different. Like you, I started with the GC/Wii ones and am used to it having voices and having a certainly level of epicness (for lack of a better word) to them that the GBA ones seem to lack. That being said, I still very much enjoyed them but not near as much as the GC/Wii ones.

Hmm, a port. I wonder what new features will be added?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

another BOMB ?

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages4/919034.asp

very good reviews on gamerankings anyway, so good news

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

Port confirmed or a new game in the PB series?

:S They should stop porting games, they havent done any good in Japan. They should bring new games!