By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 sales predictions

Magnific0 said:
^ok bugrimmar, I'll save your post, and I'll hope to see you around here June 09, and....be hungry.

i welcome you to save my post. the same people who said littlebigplanet would blaze sales of over 5 million will know that internet hype does little for a game's sales. killzone 2 will be the next internet-overhyped game to see modest sales.

Around the Network
Magnific0 said:
@bugrimmar...

Yeah, KZ1 was a failure. But does any one really remember that game? I didn't play it, I didn't even know it existed before knowing about KZ2. I don't care. And lots of people don't care either, as long as it's a great game. Was Grand Theft Auto 1 such a blockbuster?? first try right? oh, no. Was number 2 the big hit? again, no. Oh, then by your logic we should've expected Number 3 to do more o less the same right?

grand theft auto 3 introduced 3d into the series, and a whole lot of other shit. in other words, it was a breakthrough.

what does killzone 2 introduce? nothing, except better visuals. its another shooter in a sea of shooters, except the other ones have huge fanbases.

so killzone 2 cannot be compared to gta 3. sure, gta 1 and 2 didn't exactly blaze a trail, but gta 3 created something totally huge and new. killzone 2 is not showing us something new.

bugrimmar, I don't know why you're mentioning LBP here, it's that a hardcore shooter? We're talking about KZ2 predictions here. I never made predictions about LBP, and I won't say anything about it now just too look as a smartass. I'll just say KZ2 is a whole different game, aimed at the hardcore user fanbase who pays $400 for a product and I repeat, the game will not depend on hype alone, it WILL have the MARKETING SUPPORT, LARGER FANBASE and PRICE CUT on its side.

cod4 is at about 3.75 million sold, making it the most successful FPS on the ps3. If this game sells to those call of duty fanboys, it could do really well. I'm just trying to figure out if the people who drone out to game shops every November to buy COD are going to want this.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

ok bugrimmar, Killzone 2 has nothing new, it's more of the same. Since you played the whole game already I guess I'll ask you to write your full review about it, is that it? Wait for marketing to do the job, that's all I'm saying here.

Around the Network

i'm putting littlebigplanet in this discussion because killzone 2 is being overhyped to hell just like lbp was. people are saying 4 million, 5 million to killzone 2 just as they did to lbp.

and if you looked around, lbp was marketed to hell, more than any other game i've ever seen this generation. so there are distinct similarities to lbp and killzone 2: that being its all internet hype.

and that price cut you mentioned is a rumor that you can't quote anyone on. why would you say killzone 2 has a price cut going for it when its been officially denied twice by tretton? please.

^June 09 dude, come hungry.

sure man. get ready to be disappointed.

^it's not june 09, too early to get ready.

Bugrimmar, comparing KZ2 to LBP is not really the most fair way to go. Regardless of hype.

LBP is in a genre severely lacking this Gen with the exception of pretty much only Galaxy.

KZ2 on the other hand is in a genre that has sold incredibly well this entire console generation.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!