By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 sales predictions

Personally, I think it'll just go so-so, somewhat less than Resistance 2. It doesn't really have a fanbase (since the original Killzone was -meh-), so it's practically a new ip, or worse yet can be viewed as a sequel to a failed ip. Even if it's totally amazing, which i have no doubt it will be, in the end of it all, to the eye of the average consumer its a relatively new shooter among a crowd of shooters that have huge fanbases. I think there are too many shooters already in the market.

So i predict: 300k first week, 1.5 million at the end.

Around the Network

Like Resistance 2.

I'm scared.

3.5 million would be my conservative estimate, I was thinking 4-4.5 as a nice range for LTD sales.

Tease.

the sales will not impress but the game will

Since I suck at predictions anyway, I'll predict the exact opposite of bugrimmar: 1.5 million first week, 300k lifetime.

But I think it will do better than Resistance 2 has. R2 just came out at a really, really bad time, and this seems to possibly be a better game. Better looking by miles, at least.

Around the Network

400k WW week 1.

2 million LTD.

840k first week (Others: 450k, USA:350k, Japan:40k) and 3.5-4million LTD.

one thing that everyone needs to consider is sony's marketing,,,,,,if they put actual gameplay ads for this game for 3 weeks WW then i expect much better sales.

even if its a better game, its not going to necessarily translate into better sales. like i said, killzone is a failed ip in the old days, so this sequel will be viewed by the average consumer as -meh-

once again, internet hype is the only thing that is spurring this game as a "5 million seller". just like littlebigplanet, its just being overhyped extensively by forums and fanboys. the reality is that the games market is composed of average joes who don't go buying internet hype. that's why the wii is so successful.

so in the end, no, it's not going to reach 2 million. i'm sure about that.

SpartanFX said:
the sales will not impress but the game will

this.

just like littlebigplanet, i can see the media loving it. but it won't move that many units since it's a sequel to a failed ip.