By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 sales predictions

Khuutra said:
Squilliam said:
3.5 million would be my conservative estimate, I was thinking 4-4.5 as a nice range for LTD sales.

When do you see it plateauing?

Probably around 1.5-2 million and the rest will be sold at a much slower rate for the next 1-2 years.

Tease.

Around the Network

If Sony bundle it and advertise it really well than it can sell good but im gonna go with,

Ww - 500k.

Depends on the marketing, but I'm thinking it will have nice legs, like Call of Duty 4.

LTD:

Killzone 2 > Call of Duty 4

makingmusic476 said:
Depends on the marketing, but I'm thinking it will have nice legs, like Call of Duty 4.

LTD:

Lol no way dude, CoD4 is at what? 11 million not counting PC? Unless you mean just on the PS3.

bugrimmar said:

Personally, I think it'll just go so-so, somewhat less than Resistance 2. It doesn't really have a fanbase (since the original Killzone was -meh-), so it's practically a new ip, or worse yet can be viewed as a sequel to a failed ip. Even if it's totally amazing, which i have no doubt it will be, in the end of it all, to the eye of the average consumer its a relatively new shooter among a crowd of shooters that have huge fanbases. I think there are too many shooters already in the market.

So i predict: 300k first week, 1.5 million at the end.

That makes no sense.  What new or relatively unknown IPs (that were actually good) managed to sell over 300k first week and only ended up selling 1.5 million LTD?  Look at Uncharted's first week sales. It's now over 2 million.

bugrimmar said:

well according to this website, killzone only sold 0.75m, when it was dubbed to be a 'halo killer'.

killzone liberation on the psp only sold 0.24m

so yeah, killzone as an ip is failed in the sales avenue. so killzone 2 is a sequel to a failed ip in sales.

We only have NA data for both of those games. 

Killzone sold over two million according to the developers.  The game was much more popular in Europe, where it even recieved a Collector's Edition.

Around the Network
FilaBrasileiro said:
makingmusic476 said:

LTD:

Lol no way dude, CoD4 is at what? 11 million not counting PC? Unless you mean just on the PS3.

Obviously the ps3 version only.  :P

makingmusic476 said:
bugrimmar said:

Personally, I think it'll just go so-so, somewhat less than Resistance 2. It doesn't really have a fanbase (since the original Killzone was -meh-), so it's practically a new ip, or worse yet can be viewed as a sequel to a failed ip. Even if it's totally amazing, which i have no doubt it will be, in the end of it all, to the eye of the average consumer its a relatively new shooter among a crowd of shooters that have huge fanbases. I think there are too many shooters already in the market.

So i predict: 300k first week, 1.5 million at the end.

That makes no sense. What new or relatively unknown IPs that managed to sell over 300k first week only ended up selling 1.5 million? Look at Uncharted's first week sales. It's now over 2 million.

bugrimmar said:

well according to this website, killzone only sold 0.75m, when it was dubbed to be a 'halo killer'.

killzone liberation on the psp only sold 0.24m

so yeah, killzone as an ip is failed in the sales avenue. so killzone 2 is a sequel to a failed ip in sales.

We only have NA data for both of those games.

Killzone sold over two million according to the developers. The game was much more popular in EUrope, where it even recieved a Collector's Edition.

I say that vgchartz is wrong on killzone liberation, it's been a GH for awhile, PSP GH must have sold at least 250k copies before becoming a GH, so at least 250k in America and Killzone PS2 has sold 2 million according to developers.

makingmusic476 said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
makingmusic476 said:

LTD:

Obviously the ps3 version only. :P

You should make a bolder prediction lol

LTD 1.5 Million

it will do ok.....doesn't have brand power....but will be an awsometastic game

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

5-7 mln. LTD before PS4 release. Overall ~10 mln.
But first week probably will be around 500k-1 mln., but that AAA game will have GOOD legs. :)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far