By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 sales predictions

How is Killzone a failed IP, the first one was rated in the 70's and sold 2.4mil units. Killzone on the PSP received a 9 from IGN and had high praises for its Ai and other game mechanics from several sites.

Around the Network

1 million minimum worldwide...3 million maximum

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

colonelstubbs said:
1 million minimum worldwide...3 million maximum

1.1M WW and 2.5M LTS

Griffin said:
How is Killzone a failed IP, the first one was rated in the 70's and sold 2.4mil units. Killzone on the PSP received a 9 from IGN and had high praises for its Ai and other game mechanics from several sites.

well according to this website, killzone only sold 0.75m, when it was dubbed to be a 'halo killer'.

killzone liberation on the psp only sold 0.24m

so yeah, killzone as an ip is failed in the sales avenue. so killzone 2 is a sequel to a failed ip in sales.

Don't forget that Sony HATES marketing it's games. If this was a M$ product, we would get Spielberg directed commercials, Burger King tie-ins and a Bill Gates hosted midnight launch at Best Buy. Look how they marketed the original Gears. Now look how Sony has marketed their original IP's. I'm in the beta, and I'm telling you, THIS GAME ROCKS!

Unfortunately, Sony hates being known for any one game. So it'll get as much marketing as LBP. And sell around the same amount. From their lack of price cut during the holidays, to their inept marketing, I'm really starting to wonder what the hell Sony is thinking.

Around the Network
solinox said:
Don't forget that Sony HATES marketing it's games. If this was a M$ product, we would get Spielberg directed commercials, Burger King tie-ins and a Bill Gates hosted midnight launch at Best Buy. Look how they marketed the original Gears. Now look how Sony has marketed their original IP's. I'm in the beta, and I'm telling you, THIS GAME ROCKS!

Unfortunately, Sony hates being known for any one game. So it'll get as much marketing as LBP. And sell around the same amount. From their lack of price cut during the holidays, to their inept marketing, I'm really starting to wonder what the hell Sony is thinking.

you can't blem them, we all know how much money MS have and sony's electronic market is slowly fating away.

bugrimmar said:
Griffin said:

well according to this website, killzone only sold 0.75m, when it was dubbed to be a 'halo killer'.

killzone liberation on the psp only sold 0.24m

so yeah, killzone as an ip is failed in the sales avenue. so killzone 2 is a sequel to a failed ip in sales.

America only.

even if it is america only, that's a failed amount comparatively, considering that america is the largest shooter market. so can killzone compare sales with call of duty? don't think so.

bottom line, it doesn't have a fanbase and it has to compete with other shooters that have huge fanbases.

See my sig, The Game will have Legs Im sure

well Selnor won't be buying a ps3 then. it won't even touch 2 million until maybe it gets bundled to hell 5 years from now.