By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario and Sonic Breaks 6 Mil!! (Wii alone)

izaaz101 said:
I wish they had a closer relationship with Nintendo. Or at least work with Nintendo on a Sonic game. It's sad to see how low Sonic has fallen in the last decade or so. Maybe working with Nintendo could rub off on Sega, and then Sonic could be restored to his former glory - a worthy rival to Mario. Ah well, I can dream, right?

Segendo is still a wet dream of mine.

I am sure if they merged Nintendo would turn them around. Nintendo knows what it takes to make a game take the step beyond great, and make it a classic. Other companies do it on occasion, but with them it seems like an accident because they usually screw it up the next try. Squaresoft (referring to the square) of old used have that "knack".

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

VonShigsy- seeing how much popularity soccer has around the world it would be stupid not to make it haha.

but seriously i though this game was going to crash and burn and crash again when it was released.

We shouldnt have underestimated it though, after all it was the first game to have mario and sonic together. were we wrong to doubt this duo?

hello how are you.

izaaz101 said:
Pristine20 said:

I think Mario in the title weighs much more than your complex analysis. The only game with mario in the title that hasn't sold a mil is mario super sluggers but it hasn't been released in EU yet and hasn't had much marketing. This game made muti mil because it was basically a new SMG i.e another full-fledged traditional mario game (with sonic thrown in for kicks) so I would say that mario is responsible for at least 80% of it's sales.

I mean, my little brother asks my mom to buy him any title that has mario in it. I'd hardly consider him unique.

What parameters are you using to classify this game as a "traditional game"?

THIS.

I was wondering why no one brought it up sooner.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

DaveD said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
izaaz101 said:
arsenicazure said:
possible sonic games that could work:

-Sonic pinball

-sonic R.. similar to mario kart.. or maybe they should called it "sega R" and put in the entire fleet of superstars characters!

-puoyo puoyo/baku baku sonic edition( ok not a real sonic game but good franchising)

-sonic 2D title
-sonic 2D title with 3d elements(360,ps3)- kinda on the line of unleashed day zones but much much larger

SEGA has really let me down in a lot of ways since the DC. all the good crop of current sega games seem ps3 bound (yakuza3, valkyria)..damn need to get a ps3

This game did not work IMO.

And they already made a Sonic pinball game.  Sonic Spinball on the Genesis.  It's on the VC now.  It's awesome.  It was one of my favorite Genesis games back in the day.

Sonic Riders is a pile of crap, but not as bad as the Sonic tournament fighter.  I forget what it's called, but it's on one of my Sonic Collection discs and is absolutely horrible.

Sonic the Fighters, I think

Sonic R was for one of the old Sega systems already XP

Oh oops.  I can't believe I looked at this picture and didn't even realize it was a new Wii game.  I assumed it was the old crappy one.  Well I'll just assume this one's just as crappy.  The one I played didn't have that hoverboard thing.  If you were Sonic you just ran on foot, and I think Amy had some go-kart thing.

Onoes, it's official
Mario & Sonic is the best selling Sega game of all time.

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

Around the Network

That are a lot of sales O_O

DaveD said:
Onoes, it's official
Mario & Sonic is the best selling Sega game of all time.

J/k

Ironic their best selling game is one with Mario in it. =P

It is a really fun game. Really hope they make one for Vancouver olympics.

Support good third party games on wii. Buy games like house of the dead overkill, de blob, madworld, the conduit and boom blox.