By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario and Sonic Breaks 6 Mil!! (Wii alone)

With the 50k from others sales.

This game has to be the biggest suprise ever. I cannot think of a game that was expected to phail so hard, but did not.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

You're telling me..........I thought Sega was crazy when they said 4 million combined. I thought that they'd get maybe 3, if they were lucky. Now they've gone and more than doubled that.

I smell a Mario and Sonic at the Winter Games.........

Wait what, .02 mil more to pass Sonic 2 and be the best selling Sonic game ever? o_o;

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

DaveD said:
Wait what, .02 mil more to pass Sonic 2 and be the best selling Sonic game ever? o_o;

Not only that but best selling Sega game ever.

wow, never expected the sales for this game to pass 2 million. but i guess the casual crowd is just eating up this game.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

I think it's safe to say most of under-estimated the demand for an offical game with both Mario and Sonic on the same cover. =P

That is astounding though, I'd be shocked if SEGA and Nintendo aren't in talks about another game with them Mario and Sonic together.

W_W  I never gonna accept that this game is the best Selling SEGA game ever.........NEVAR...

Anyway Sonic in the title nuff said.

Mario in the title...'nuff said

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Zucas said:
DaveD said:

Not only that but best selling Sega game ever.

Makes it even more sad, this game is a poorly done collection of minigames, and it's the best selling Sega game ever almost... v_v

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

Pristine20 said:
Mario in the title...'nuff said

Although probably true, I'd say it be quite primitive to think that's the only reason.  I'd say for one Sonic's name in there has to do a lot with it.  And even more so the combo of the two being in the same name.  I mean 15 years ago this seemed like the largest impossibility EVER.  That probably garnered a lot of old school gamer buys.  So its both names that helped sell this game along with them just being in the same game and title.

Not only that its a sports compilation which if ya look around have been doing pretty damn well since Wii Sports.  Tie that in with a not so bad title that keeps the hype mill going along with a well place timing to correspond for the Olympics and pretty dman good marketing and Sega deserves everything they get.  And Nintendo of course.  I mean this is just sales perfection if you asked me.  Whoever came up with the idea and business plan for this title and the DS version is a genius.  Not only take two of the biggest names ever in gaming, but ones that were enemies, and have them face off in a game.  Then not only make it into one of the most popular genres on Wii and market it as such but give it a Super Smash Bros type marketing is genius.  Business model people need to learn from in any form of marketing.