By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario and Sonic Breaks 6 Mil!! (Wii alone)

Mario + Sonic + Olympics = lots of sales.

Its that simple.

Around the Network

why couldnt it work?
sega have got some fantastic racing series.. daytona,sega rally, outrun,Ferrari, sega gt(ok this one is average at best)

Im sure if they tried hard... and did some in house developing; since sonic R was developed by traveller's tales IT WOULD certainly work..

one only needs to play F-zero on GC to realise that sega can produce something truly awesome

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Next million seller: Mario & Sonic in World Cup 2010.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

Nice sales, there will propably be a lot more games like this on wii. ;)

Khuutra said:
FishyJoe said:
Wow, there is a chance it could catch Halo 3 if this keeps up for another year.

There's a chance it could catch Call of Duty 4 if we include both versions, which may be considerably scarier.

But they do platform together in Brawl :)

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Around the Network

And people laughed when Sega said they aimed for 4 million with this one(me included). They showed us!

arsenicazure said:
why couldnt it work?
sega have got some fantastic racing series.. daytona,sega rally, outrun,Ferrari, sega gt(ok this one is average at best)

Im sure if they tried hard... and did some in house developing; since sonic R was developed by traveller's tales IT WOULD certainly work..

one only needs to play F-zero on GC to realise that sega can produce something truly awesome

They have some good racing games, and they have some good Sonic games...........but so far, putting them togther hasn't worked so well. This is not to say that they can't ever be good games, but judging by their first 2 cracks at it, it hasn't gone too well.

I believe that the 2 Sonic Riders games were developed by the the Sonic Team, so that's in house (but it's debatable if they tried their hardest).

I haven't played F-zero, but I do understand that it was a great game. However, do you think that was strictly because of the Sega developers, or the fact that they were working closely with Nintendo?

I'll admit i was one of those who had doubts that it'd struggle to hit that original 4 million prerelease goal.. congrats to sega though, what a successful game it has become

True that. sega seems to work well with nintendo.. or rather for nintendo. With mario kart having satisfied most gamers it would be hard for sonic to form a niche there..Sega still has good vision but poor execution. Im not a huge fan of the olympic games but it sold well.. good for sega..

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

So this game is keeping Sega alive.