By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 to be released in Europe Christmas 2009

johnsobas said:
psrock said:
johnsobas said:
psrock said:
johnsobas said:
psrock said:
Onyxmeth said:
Xen said:
Weapons to win a war.

Weapons to win what war? The war for second place?

This is the only Generation when first place is not as important as getting the best games from third party dev, the second place console is currently enjoying that benefit. So, yes second place is important.

yea i'm sure Nintendo is really jealous of Microsoft right now, i'm sure they'd trade places if they could.  Rofl

Why would MS, one of the biggest company in the world want to be Nintendo.

well i could go over the financial history of each company's gaming division since they came into the business but i dont' think that's necessary.

MS is more than just a gaming division. I cant believe i am defending them right now. They are bigger and more powerful than Nintendo. Sony might be the only company that might want to switch right now.

you are obviously missing the point, we are talking about gaming divisions not companies as a whole.

I still think MS has better games and much better support, and after this price drop, will do very well this Generation. As much as I love my PS3, i think the 360 is the best console right now,games, online, price, you cant get anything better.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
psrock said:
johnsobas said:
psrock said:
johnsobas said:
psrock said:
johnsobas said:
psrock said:
Onyxmeth said:
Xen said:
Weapons to win a war.

Weapons to win what war? The war for second place?

This is the only Generation when first place is not as important as getting the best games from third party dev, the second place console is currently enjoying that benefit. So, yes second place is important.

yea i'm sure Nintendo is really jealous of Microsoft right now, i'm sure they'd trade places if they could.  Rofl

Why would MS, one of the biggest company in the world want to be Nintendo.

well i could go over the financial history of each company's gaming division since they came into the business but i dont' think that's necessary.

MS is more than just a gaming division. I cant believe i am defending them right now. They are bigger and more powerful than Nintendo. Sony might be the only company that might want to switch right now.

you are obviously missing the point, we are talking about gaming divisions not companies as a whole.

I still think MS has better games and much better support, and after this price drop, will do very well this Generation. As much as I love my PS3, i think the 360 is the best console right now,games, online, price, you cant get anything better.

ok that's your opinion and we're obviously talking from 2 different viewpoints, from a company viewpoint and from a gamer's viewpoint.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Good, because i was getting sleepy.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Good news.

Good news, with a price cut, PS3 might actually do well next holiday... not so much this one...

Around the Network
Rei said:
I usually dont say things like "200* year will be Sony's year!!", since it never happens anyway. But if GT5 launches in Europe by the end of 2009 and FFXIII launches in Japan at the same time, and these 2 events will be accompanied by the price cut...

... Then Sony will not win the holidays anyway. j/k. They will. I dont see anything Microsoft can do against GT in Europe and FF in Japan.

Europe actually got GT4 last. That means it's coming even earlier in Japan and USA. GT5 in all territories + FF13 in Japan + Price Cut everywhere = beating 360 by a massive margin in holiday 2009.

Not to mention God of War 3, which should release near the end of the year, which will provide quite a boost as well.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Lol, Gran Turismo 5 will be Sony's Weapon of Mass Destruction

Seems a financial decision to release this game in Christmas 09, will be the big game from Sony and it will wipe the floor with the 360 in EU. The thing about GT5 is that it is huge everywhere so it will break a million sales in Japan, EU and NA but FFXIII will do amazingly in Japan.

Sony and PD can release the game any damn time they want, no other franchise of the same genre stands up against it (expect the almighty Mario Kart but lets not compare that to a racing simulation :P, Sony could even be cruel enough to release GT5 with Forza 3 if they wanted.)

GT is the biggest franchise on home consoles apart from GTA (its not everyday a DEMO of an actual game sells 2.5 Million + outselling full-fledged racing games in sales)

so this HUGE HUGE news....this game along with a £199 price point in EU can help SONY in literal terms destroy 360 there.

GT 4 sold 6 Million or so in EU...it is on par with Halo power in NA & DQ/FF power in Japan.
_________

FF 13 in Japan around the same time could mean Ps3 having maybe its PEAK holiday season!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

GT5P will pass 3+ million by the time GT5 is released. So Sony will be making pure profit from 10+ million sales of GT5.