By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 to be released in Europe Christmas 2009

KylieDog said:
DMeisterJ said:
KylieDog said:
Skipped entire thread but...

Too long, a lot of people will have played GT5-P to death and grown bored of it, or just be content with GT5-P after having it so long and considering it gets updated with new stuff unlike previous GT-P games.

Wishful thinking?

That is such a dumb statement to make. 

People will get bored with GT5: P and not buy GT5?  lol.

Please tell me why you believe that?

There many people who do not even realise it isn't the full game, you know that right?  GT5-P isn't a real demo, it does quite a lot and gets updates plus onlne, enough to keep people playing for a long time and getting bored.

Previous ones didn't have such a long time on the market before full game release (GT5-P will be nearly double), didn't update to keep people playing and had no online features to keep them playing.  So it really was more of a demo you played before full release, but didn't play enough to get bored of.

Yeah yeah the full release will do more, but it won't matter.  It would be like releasing download content for a game 2 years after release, a lot of people will have lost interest in the game and moved onto new ones, and DLC is stupidly cheap compaired to a full games price.

Okay...

Sure.

Around the Network

@Dirty

Forza 2 was bundled more heavily than Motorstorm

GT 5:P has OUTSOLD Forza 2 if we don't count bundles....

@libellule

GT5 will outsell Forza 3's LTd in 1 WEEK if Forza 3 isn't bundled!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:

@Dirty

Forza 2 was bundled more heavily than Motorstorm

GT 5:P has OUTSOLD Forza 2 if we don't count bundles....

@libellule

GT5 will outsell Forza 3's LTd in 1 WEEK if Forza 3 isn't bundled!

It's hard to say what will happen in a year.  The console race could change a lot in a year.  I know that I will buy both, as I am a big fan of both franchises.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya