By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 to be released in Europe Christmas 2009

Gotcha said:
James Armstrong said:
Until October, the park video game consoles from Sony was 731 thousand PlayStation 3, PSP 1,914,000 (laptop) and 4,838,000 for the PlayStation 2.

The executive of Sony confirms forecast of more than a million PS3 in 2009 and believes that the Spanish market still has great potential to grow.

Another proof that PS3 is seriously overtracked in Spain in Vgchartz data. It says until October there was 731k PS3 sold to consumers and now we can see that vgchartz has 1,134,232 PS3 sold and it's impossible it has sold 400k consoles in less than two months. It even says they expect to reach 1 million in 2009 so I hope ioi corrects the data.

Well if it's overtracked in Spain its undertracked somewhere else... so... what of it?

Around the Network
Gotcha said:
James Armstrong said:
Until October, the park video game consoles from Sony was 731 thousand PlayStation 3, PSP 1,914,000 (laptop) and 4,838,000 for the PlayStation 2.

The executive of Sony confirms forecast of more than a million PS3 in 2009 and believes that the Spanish market still has great potential to grow.

Another proof that PS3 is seriously overtracked in Spain in Vgchartz data. It says until October there was 731k PS3 sold to consumers and now we can see that vgchartz has 1,134,232 PS3 sold and it's impossible it has sold 400k consoles in less than two months. It even says they expect to reach 1 million in 2009 so I hope ioi corrects the data.

VGC numbers for Spain are supposed to include Portugal, but last I saw PS3 numbers for Portugal were around 15% of Spain, so probably not enough to make up the difference.

Anyway, it's a bit off topic, better to discuss here:

Spain Sales Thread

Max King of the Wild said:
Gotcha said:
James Armstrong said:

Well if it's overtracked in Spain its undertracked somewhere else... so... what of it?

So you say data shouldn't be corrected even with proof? If it were undertracked you wouldn't correct it too?

Gotcha said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Gotcha said:
James Armstrong said:

So you say data shouldn't be corrected even with proof? If it were undertracked you wouldn't correct it too?

I dont break it down regionally so no I wouldnt touch the numbers. Because all this would lead to is increases in other areas... How do we know we would be over tracking in one of those then?

Stop derailing the thread guys, continue this in the thread I linked above please.

Around the Network
BKK2 said:
Stop derailing the thread guys, continue this in the thread I linked above please.

Not really de-railing since we are talking about the article you posted in your OP.

Holy fuck.

Shit just got REAL!

Awesome. Can not wait.

Nice. I'll wait for more news though.

4 ≈ One

Awesome, I really do love that game. Its the only racer I buy every generation because its the one with all my favourite cars in it.

Tease.